Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LCCs needed for regular XF files, or is correction 'baked in'?  (Read 1043 times)

narikin

Hi - are LCCs needed for basic XF camera files, with say the standard 80mm lens, or is it automatically applied by C1 by default?
(dust data excluded, of course!)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: LCCs needed for regular XF files, or is correction 'baked in'?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 11:35:48 am »

No, LLCs are primarily needed for technical cameras and especially wide angle lens work.  The 28mm to 240mm lenses used on the XF work as designed with no fall off. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

narikin

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 10:43:23 am »

Hmm, I fully appreciate that LCCs are a must with technical movements, but there is still a slight color cast from angular light even straight shooting with XF/DF lenses, that LCCs can fully correct. And... dust detection is useful.

I shoot technical mostly, so making an LCC is second nature to me, and I'll do it anyways, but simply wondered if the fall off and color cast correction is 'baked in' when using Capture One. Much like Lens Correction is default on, with the option to turn it off.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 08:08:47 pm »

I have also found LCCs useful with the XF and the 645DF+ before it.  The 28mm LS can benefit significantly from it as can the 35 and 45 Phase One (Mamiya lenses).  One lens in particular, the 45 can have a significant cross field color shift.

I've even found LCCs useful on some 35mm lenses used on an a7R Mk II.
Pages: [1]   Go Up