Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DxO 11 announced  (Read 7193 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
DxO 11 announced
« on: June 02, 2016, 05:59:44 am »

It appears to be supporting the D5.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/7419541954/dxo-opticspro-11-brings-advanced-raw-noise-reduction

It will be interesting to see whether the improved Prime can make ISO25600 usable for largish prints. I'll probably have the chance to try this during an event in a dark venue this coming Saturday.

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: DxO 11 announced
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 07:09:22 pm »

Not bad, Nikon D5, ISO18,000 processed with DxO 11 Prime with default settings, B&W conversion done with Filmpack.

Cheers,
Bernard

Iliah

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 09:17:02 am »

kirkt

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 10:10:37 am »

Also, try out the spot-weighted Smart Lighting tool.  It is a versatile way of emphasizing spot areas of an image for the application of smart lighting and will automatically place spots on faces through face recognition.  It works surprisingly well, especially if you need to crank through a batch of images that have people in them and need some fill light type of shadow lift.

I have not tested the new PRIME NR in detail yet, but looking forward to it.

Nice shot!

kirk

Lundberg02

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 04:06:19 am »

I suppose DxO is still using aRGB.

dgillilan

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 01:07:14 pm »

Hello and thanks for the update news. Do you think that the upgrade is worth it? I viewed the enhanced features in version 11 elite over version 10 elite which is what I currently own (with the viewpoint and filmpack also) and I  see a few upgrades but not sure it would be enough to justify the price for upgrade which is $69 US. It also told me in "my account" that my versions of filmpack and viewpoint are current, so only the raw converter is at issue here.  Just wonder what your impressions are of the justification of the upgrade to 11,
Thanks, Debra

m_rouleau

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 08:04:28 pm »

Hello and thanks for the update news. Do you think that the upgrade is worth it? I viewed the enhanced features in version 11 elite over version 10 elite which is what I currently own (with the viewpoint and filmpack also) and I  see a few upgrades but not sure it would be enough to justify the price for upgrade which is $69 US. It also told me in "my account" that my versions of filmpack and viewpoint are current, so only the raw converter is at issue here.  Just wonder what your impressions are of the justification of the upgrade to 11,
Thanks, Debra

So this is an interesting upgrade because it's really short on bullet-point features, but with a lot of tweaks and under the hood refinements.

The increased quality of PRIME 2016 is very real, and is now speed-competitive with, say, Topaz Denoise.  The spot metering is very useful not just for faces but for many other types of images. And it seems like the highlight recovery is better than previous versions. This may be a result of the new Selective Tone algorithm.

So, no real "killer" features but a nice upgrade all around. Only you can decide if it's worth the upgrade price, of course.

dgillilan

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 08:27:59 pm »

Thank you, I will read more on the DxO website about the under the hood changes and decide; I do like to use DxO and find it very useful to me, I think I like it better than Adobe in raw conversions,
Debra

tennapel

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 01:32:48 am »

The new spot weighted smart lighting option works really well for images with a lot of contrast (highlight parts and shadow parts). On average I feel version 11 is snappier than version 10.

nputtick

Re: DxO 11 announced - Canon 80d requires v11
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 09:19:03 am »

Canon 80d module is only available in DXO 11.  Sadly even the latest version of DXO 10 (10.5.4) doesn't support the 80d.

sjprg

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 09:28:52 am »

I have been using DXO11 since it was available and am now also using it with Franzise Sharpen. (https://www.projects-software.com/)
You do all of your adjustments with DXO and than output the file to Tiff or JPG through Sharpen which cleans up any fogginess in the file.
I really suggest that you try the trial version especially if you have some older cameras and lenses. Sharpen has an interesting internal image
that shows an individual pixel before and after processing showing the correction to the pixel.
Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up