Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Bridge  (Read 5232 times)

goer

Adobe Bridge
« on: May 30, 2006, 11:38:41 am »

Opened wedding I shot this weekend in Bridge and it says number of images + two hidden files. I don't remember wanting to hide any files. Anyone want to tell me what it means and how to get the two files? Thanks in advance.

Hank

Adobe Bridge
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 12:01:06 pm »

Could the hidden files be desktop files or some such?  They wouldn't show up in Bridge.  That's a Mac circumstance BTW.  A good way to check is simply to open the folder on your desktop and look at the files within.  If you're not using a Mac, the water is too deep for me to wade further.

Richowens

Adobe Bridge
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 12:47:25 pm »

On my version on PC the hidden files are usually subfolders.

Rich
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:47:51 pm by Richowens »

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
Adobe Bridge
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 01:06:22 pm »

If you have Bridge set up for "distributed cache", it will deposit 2 files in each subdirectory it inspects and displays.

I am of the school of thought that thinks distributed cache is a good thing.

The other thing that will show occasionally as hidden files are the XMP sidecar files, if you are doing RAW processing.
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

goer

Adobe Bridge
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 01:50:38 pm »

If you have Bridge set up for "distributed cache", it will deposit 2 files in each subdirectory it inspects and displays.

I am of the school of thought that thinks distributed cache is a good thing.

The other thing that will show occasionally as hidden files are the XMP sidecar files, if you are doing RAW processing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=66920\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I thought the XMP might be the thing, but it wasn't. I do use a G5. I do shoot in RAW mode. Thanks for the help to date.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 02:10:21 pm by goer »

Ed Foster, Jr.

• http://www.edfoster.net
Adobe Bridge
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 02:38:10 pm »

I thought the XMP might be the thing, but it wasn't. I do use a G5. I do shoot in RAW mode. Thanks for the help to date.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=66925\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Goer,
Go to View>Hidden Files and Bridge will actually show the hidden files.  They are the XMP sidecar files, which are created upon first conversion of a RAW file,  plus a data document if, in View, "Show All Files" is checked.  

Ed
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.

goer

Adobe Bridge
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 09:58:48 pm »

Goer,
Go to View>Hidden Files and Bridge will actually show the hidden files.  They are the XMP sidecar files, which are created upon first conversion of a RAW file,  plus a data document if, in View, "Show All Files" is checked. 

Ed
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=66930\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That helped. Thank you very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up