Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will Hasselblad CF adapter on H2 body work with V Series non-auto bellows?  (Read 1671 times)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers

I have been offered a Hasselblad V Series non-automatic bellows unit, which you would ordinarily use with a double-cable release on V Series bodies.

My set up would be: IQ180: H2: CF adapter: Bellows: CF lens: lens hood.

Can I avoid using a double cable release by lifting up the mirror and triggering the exposure with a cable release to the socket at the front of the bellows? The lens is cocked manually with a knob at that point.

Lifting up the mirror on the H2 also raises the rear shutters on the body. So, tripping the shutter on the lens might sync with the back because of the cable going from the CF adapter to the flash socket on the lens.

What do you think? The main questions are: do I need to have a double-cable release for my setup, and if so, would any double-cable release work or do I need a specific Hasselblad one?
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

pflower

I can't offer any real help here except to suggest that you try before you buy.  I bought a second hand one for use on my V system and later tried to use it on my H3D with the CF adapter without any success - the camera just wouldn't fire at all.  I don't have it in the same location as myself at present so I can't try it again but from memory I wasn't convinced that cocking the lens on the CF adapter actually worked - the bellows has a long shaft which is turned by the adapter and which cocks the lens .  I did try manually cocking the lens on the bellows before attaching it but that didn't work and so after a while I just gave up.  In the end I decided it was too much of a hassle and so decided that if I wanted or needed to do any macro work I would just buy an extension tube for the H3D - in the event I never did since my interest in macro work seems to have vanished.

As regards the cable - I think any double cable will work - my original hasselblad cable broke and I just bought a generic one from somewhere (when such things were easily available) and it works fine on my V system.

Joe Towner

I'm thinking you will need a double shot cable, since you'll need to wake the back independent of shooting the image.  By lifting the mirror, you've essentially created a view camera, with a V lens at the far end.  But the bigger question is what are you gaining by doing this setup?  How much V glass do you currently have?  Given the resolution of the IQ180, is the center of the V lens going to give you the image quality you're looking for?
t: @PNWMF

barryk

I've gotten mine to work.
Just open the shutter on the camera body.
Trigger your exposure time from the lens.
Then close the shutter on the camera body.
That should do it.

JJon

Roger did you get this to work? I'm looking at the same setup (more or less)
Pages: [1]   Go Up