Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lr CC and Windows 10: Running out of memory  (Read 1970 times)

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
Lr CC and Windows 10: Running out of memory
« on: May 30, 2016, 05:27:16 am »

Hi folks,

recently I upgraded my notebook from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Everything works well and smoothly except of Lightroom. After having opened Lr it takes some minutes and Lr has eaten up the entire RAM! This even happens if I only open Lr and do nothing with the program, just waiting. I have never seen this before!

Anybody else having experienced this strange behavior? If so: Did you solve it? How?

Best regards

Thomas

P.S: Lr CC in its latest release 2015.5.1 and Windows 10 Professional 64bit, 16GB RAM.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:38:28 am by sm906 »
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
Re: Lr CC and Windows 10: Running out of memory
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 06:07:59 am »

The Lr version with the out of memory problem was 2015.5, not 2015.5.1 as given in the thread before. I just upgraded to the latest release (now it is 2015.5.1) and the problem has gone away.

Even though I won't figure out what the problem was, at last I am glad that the weird behavior no longer exists.

Kind regards

Thomas
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie

dwswager

Re: Lr CC and Windows 10: Running out of memory
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 02:40:26 pm »

Hi folks,

recently I upgraded my notebook from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Everything works well and smoothly except of Lightroom. After having opened Lr it takes some minutes and Lr has eaten up the entire RAM! This even happens if I only open Lr and do nothing with the program, just waiting. I have never seen this before!

Anybody else having experienced this strange behavior? If so: Did you solve it? How?

Best regards

Thomas

P.S: Lr CC in its latest release 2015.5.1 and Windows 10 Professional 64bit, 16GB RAM.

I have the latest release loaded on a new Windows 10 laptop with no issues.  I would suggest you check that you have the latest update via creative cloud desktop. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up