Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experience? Canon 1D X II use/w Arca-Swiss L-Bracket (#802306)  (Read 2417 times)

paulbk

Anyone have any experience using Arca-Swiss L-Bracket with quick-release clamps (802306) + Canon 1Dx II (newest 1D)?

My new 1Dx II arrived a few weeks ago (B&H). Currently using old RRS L-bracket that fit my 1D Mark IV (does not align 1Dx ports). Thinking the Arca-Swiss design is more universal, can be adjusted to fit variety of camera bodies. More, if I understand the A-S design, the camera w/base plate can be removed from the L-bracket using quick-release clamp. As compared with RRS L-brackets that requires use of hex-key to remove camera from L-bracket.

Any comments helpful.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/723386-REG/Arca_Swiss_802306_Universal_L_Bracket.html

paul b.k.
New England, USA

NancyP

Re: Experience? Canon 1D X II use/w Arca-Swiss L-Bracket (#802306)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:45:11 pm »

Do you have multiple cameras where you need to keep switching L brackets?

One thing about custom-to-camera-model brackets is that they are generally designed for easy access to connectors, are "molded" around camera corners and thus less twisty, and for the unitary ones, seriously sturdy and protective. I fell on a slippery rock, my arm with camera landed HARD on the camera's left bottom corner, and all I have is a tiny scratch/dent on the L bracket, with a working camera inside. Bare, that plastic-body camera (Canon 6D) would have been in shards. The L bracket was a unitary bracket from Kirk - but you can find Chinese knockoffs for considerably less, and the Sunwayfoto brand Chinese knockoffs are likely pretty good (at least their rails and A-S clamps are fine).

dwswager

Re: Experience? Canon 1D X II use/w Arca-Swiss L-Bracket (#802306)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 10:46:09 pm »

Anyone have any experience using Arca-Swiss L-Bracket with quick-release clamps (802306) + Canon 1Dx II (newest 1D)?

My new 1Dx II arrived a few weeks ago (B&H). Currently using old RRS L-bracket that fit my 1D Mark IV (does not align 1Dx ports). Thinking the Arca-Swiss design is more universal, can be adjusted to fit variety of camera bodies. More, if I understand the A-S design, the camera w/base plate can be removed from the L-bracket using quick-release clamp. As compared with RRS L-brackets that requires use of hex-key to remove camera from L-bracket.

Any comments helpful.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/723386-REG/Arca_Swiss_802306_Universal_L_Bracket.html

I played with one on a couple of bodies.  Not something I would want if in the field, but if in town and have lots of bodies, it works fine. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up