Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Canson Profiles for Epson Legacy Paper on Canon iPFx400 printers  (Read 1880 times)

stockjock

Now that a few weeks have gone by, I wanted to revive the topic about whether the Canson profiles can be used with no ill effect with the Epson Legacy papers.  My initial impression had been that the papers were interchangeable but Mark Segal's review of the Epson Legacy papers did suggest that there were differences between them and the Canson equivalents. 

https://luminous-landscape.com/new-epson-legacy-papers-review/

I am particularly interested in anybodies experience using the Legacy papers with the Canon iPF6400/8400 printers since that would be my application. 

Thanks,

Paul

Rand47

I can't help with a direct use of your Canon printer, but I can tell you this.  Epson has yet to provide ICC profiles for the Legacy papers for the P600 printer.  In the gap I'm using Canson's profile for the their Baryta Photographique for the P600 when printing to Epson Legacy Baryta.  Test prints are excellent, comparing with the same test file printed with Epson profile used for Legacy Baryta on my P800, and with Canson's paper in the P600.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

BradSmith

Also not on a Canon but rather, on an Epson 3800 with no profile......Canson Platine profile was poor on my Epson with Legacy Platine.  I've ordered a custom profile.

See discussion in this thread.    http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=110427.0

stockjock

It is a shame that there doesn't seem to be a consensus about whether or not the Canson profiles work with the Epson Legacy Paper.  Right now Shades of Paper is offering 15% off all media through Monday with the MEM16 code and when you combine that with the Epson Legacy rebates you can get some truly compelling pricing on those papers.  You can buy the Legacy Platine 17" x 50' roll for the equivalent of $73.10 compared to $119.18 for the Canson Platine at B&H.  Obviously, you can always have a custom profile made but it would be easier and cheaper if the old Canson profiles worked just as well.  I've decided to take advantage of this pricing and take the risk that the Epson Legacy Papers don't work well with the Canson/iPF8400 profiles but I wish it were possible to know for sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up