Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flash color management Windows 7?  (Read 1835 times)

jodo

Flash color management Windows 7?
« on: May 28, 2016, 12:58:37 pm »

So I have a managed workflow except when it comes to flash. (Windows7 64 flash 21.0....) I am building a book at adoramapix which I have successfully used before. They use flash for their book building/layout application. The srgb images are uploaded to them and presented back in Firefox (managed) via flash. The flash images are dark and over saturated i.e. Not managed. How to fix?

GWGill

• Author of ArgyllCMS & ArgyllPRO ColorMeter
    • ArgyllCMS
Re: Flash color management Windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 09:11:36 pm »

The flash images are dark and over saturated i.e. Not managed. How to fix?
Don't use flash if you care about color.

jodo

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 11:50:23 pm »

It's not that I'm using flash intentionally. It's the adoramapix book building app that is serving it to me.  So I'm taking from your response there is no way to manage color in flash. And who,would know better then than you?   
Thx for responding.                                                                                               

GWGill

• ArgyllCMS
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 02:40:29 am »

So I'm taking from your response there is no way to manage color in flash.                                 
As far as I'm aware, flash always renders it's RGB as device dependent - it doesn't use color management.
So you either put up with that, or use some other tool that does render using color management.
(And given that it appears that Flash is on the road to deprecation, it doesn't seem likely that color management will be added to it any time soon.)

Simon Garrett

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 05:05:51 am »

AFAIK Flash does support colour management since Flash 10, but it defaults to being turned off, and many sites don't use it. I don't know if adoramapix uses colour management in Flash, but might be worth checking their forum or help.  If there's no mention of Flash colour management then presumably they don't do it!

I regard Flash as a pile of poo (that's a technical term) and don't use it unless my life depends on it. 

GWGill

• ArgyllCMS
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 12:43:12 am »

I am building a book at adoramapix which I have successfully used before. They use flash for their book building/layout application.
If you have control over the flash file, you might be able to get it to work:
http://simon.tindemans.eu/cm/webcm
http://www.flashnifties.com/support/viewtopic.php?id=2640
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1151863
but if you don't, you are probably out of luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up