Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: kirkjufjara beach 2  (Read 727 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
kirkjufjara beach 2
« on: May 28, 2016, 07:24:15 am »

Following Rajan's suggestion after my last attempt. The light on the stack is not as nice but the sweep of the beach is better. Comments?

Jeremy

stamper

Re: kirkjufjara beach 2
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 07:30:26 am »

I think it is nicely balanced and processed. Possibly a crop from the top? As it is a likeable image.

Tony Jay

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 08:19:58 pm »

This stretch of coastline certainly seems to have possibilities.
Would you be able to go back to this place?
If so, is it possible to get down onto the beach and shoot in the general direction of this image with the stack on the right, the beach and surf zone roughly centred and that glorious headland in the background. It may be possible to incorporate the cliffs on the left as well.
My thinking here is that the beach is made of dark material, that in this shot anyway, is just featureless.
Shooting from beach level would allow the colour and texture to be better appreciated as well as the different perspective on all the other elements.

Obviously my suggestion is purely theoretical - particularly if the beach is inaccessible.

Tony Jay

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 01:43:32 pm »

Possibly a crop from the top?

Yes. I see I also have a lesser version of this.

francois

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 04:26:05 am »

This one is very nice too. Light is not as nice but framing is better… It's hard to find a good balance and it's an excellent reason to return.
Francois

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 11:40:47 am »

This stretch of coastline certainly seems to have possibilities.
Would you be able to go back to this place?
If so, is it possible to get down onto the beach and shoot in the general direction of this image with the stack on the right, the beach and surf zone roughly centred and that glorious headland in the background. It may be possible to incorporate the cliffs on the left as well.
My thinking here is that the beach is made of dark material, that in this shot anyway, is just featureless.
Shooting from beach level would allow the colour and texture to be better appreciated as well as the different perspective on all the other elements.

Obviously my suggestion is purely theoretical - particularly if the beach is inaccessible.

Tony Jay

Tony, thanks for the suggestions. Rajan tells me that the beach is accessible, and I certainly intend to go back there. One day.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up