Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cause and effect.  (Read 791 times)

Redcrown

Cause and effect.
« on: May 27, 2016, 03:00:14 am »

In the past 2 weeks I have received 7 invites or notices of social events. Six of the 7 were retracted and revised due to error. Four of the 6 errors were a mis-match of day and date. The other 2 errors had days and dates that matched, but they were just the wrong day.

All of these invites were made via e-mail or Facebook by experienced, well paid, college educated professionals, 35 to 55 years old. They each have one or more smartphones, tablets, and laptops. I'm sure each of them uses some form of a "personal organizer" app. I suspect they also live in the cloud.

I can't remember what sage said it first, but there is definitely an inverse relationship between power and performance. I can remember it was my grandfather who said of his son, "He could %^# up a ball bearing with a rubber mallet."

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
Re: Cause and effect.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 04:16:18 am »

"He could %^# up a ball bearing with a rubber mallet."

As the son of a self-educated mechanic, I adore the expression :)

Zorki5

• AOLib
Re: Cause and effect.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 04:22:15 am »

The other thread here mentioned, briefly, the cause and effect in relation to global warming...

Pastafarians argue that global warming was, in fact, caused by the shrinking of the number of pirates. And they have solid statistics behind their statement, just check the article that I linked  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up