Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 2100 having a fit  (Read 2710 times)

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
Epson 2100 having a fit
« on: May 28, 2006, 06:50:01 pm »

Epson 2100 hooked up to Mac

Been away for a week and my printer has mysteriously developed a problem; I'm trying to print 14x10.5 on roll paper.  Only half of the picture prints along the short side of the paper.

Before I went away I was printing for an exhibition a variety of sizes without a problem and now as I said, I'm only getting half a print.

I deleted the custom paper size and made a new one.  I tried printing on regular A3. I've tried reinstalling the drivers to no avail.

I plugged the printer into a MacBook and printed, the whole picture came out but the driver for the printer built into OSX doesn't have many of the options (like paper type, and dpi settings) and guess what?  Picture was horrid!  The Epson website is no help and I am concerned that the 2100 will be considered too out of date for them to bother writing an improved driver.  

Anyhow, what can be wrong with the G4?

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
Epson 2100 having a fit
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 06:55:04 am »

Does no one have a clue?  I need a portfolio printed by tomorrow!

I've tried with Firewire to no avail and now think my best bet would be to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop since I seem to have eliminated errors in the driver & connections.....does anyone knoe how to do this?

Thanks
Charlee

Gene Coggins

Epson 2100 having a fit
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 08:29:36 am »

I would first make sure the G4 is running properly by performing a few checks.

Whenever you have a hardware problem such as a printer problem, ZAP the PRAM. At the startup chimes, hold down the Command + Option + P + R keys. Keep them pressed until you hear the startup chimes at leat twice.

Next, repair permissions and restart the computer.

Whenever you delete the drivers and add them back in the Printer Setup Utility, don't forget to click on the "Stylus Photo 2100 Standard" button at the bottom of the window and select ALL. This will bring back all your paper ICC files and paper options for that printer.

Gene
Pages: [1]   Go Up