Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for New Joisey?  (Read 1499 times)

Mousecop

Suggestions for New Joisey?
« on: May 22, 2016, 08:06:38 pm »

Hey there, curious if anyone has suggestions for natural landscapes in NJ.

In particular, I'm looking for some reasonably accessible wetlands. I've got some gaiters that are far too clean. ;)

I already know about the Great Swamp, D&R Canal, Delaware Water Gap & Stokes, though I haven't been to the latter two for photographic purposes. I've also been to the Allamuchy area, Round Valley area. I.e. I've got lots of photos of trees.

marc2242

Re: Suggestions for New Joisey?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 02:41:07 pm »

Some other locations you may want to consider:

- Hacklebarney State Park
- Ken Lockwood Gorge Wildlife Management Area
- Manasquan Reservoir
- and possibly Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge

There are some details of each place, and others in NJ here https://loadedlandscapes.com/nj-locations/

framah

Re: Suggestions for New Joisey?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 02:06:23 pm »

Personally, i would get a Gazatteer map that shows the Pine Barrens and search for streams and marshy areas. There are alot of fascinating areas down there.

It is one of the few places left in NJ that has a probibition on building so it is staying relatively pristine.

Also have a look way down to the end of the state in the Cape May area, Higbee beach, etc.  I used to go down there before dawn and shoot the dragon flies hanging on the cat tail reeds waiting for the sun to warm them up for another day.

"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."
Pages: [1]   Go Up