Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arca-Swiss rotamount  (Read 1369 times)

fotagf8

Arca-Swiss rotamount
« on: May 22, 2016, 10:34:49 am »

Does anyone have any practical experience with the Arca-Swiss Rotamount?  Any downsides?  Do you need to add a factor to focusing distances?  Is it truly seemless?

Thanks

Jack Siegel

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Arca-Swiss rotamount
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 10:45:45 am »

works as advertised.  If you are using it on the rm3di series, to me it's just as simple to rotate the back on the mounting plate.  Arca has IMO the best design on the mounting, as you can you release it with one hand and rotate the back with the other.  As a shooter who does this a lot, I found the Arca the best and quickest way to do it and securely.

All of the R mount lenses come with a ring that you remove if you use the Rotamount, thus you don't have to change anything, all the focus cards stay the same. 

Paul C

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Ken R

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 01:19:35 pm »

works as advertised.  If you are using it on the rm3di series, to me it's just as simple to rotate the back on the mounting plate.  Arca has IMO the best design on the mounting, as you can you release it with one hand and rotate the back with the other.  As a shooter who does this a lot, I found the Arca the best and quickest way to do it and securely.

All of the R mount lenses come with a ring that you remove if you use the Rotamount, thus you don't have to change anything, all the focus cards stay the same. 

Paul C

+1

I have it too on a RM3Di and it is awesome and a must have accessory for landscape and architecture photography. I have it on all the time.

jsiva

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 09:13:14 pm »

Like Paul said, works as advertised.d

Very minor drawback is that when you take the ring off the lens, and offset it with the extension of the Rotamount, you'll find that some lenses with short FL's (Rodie 23/28) then end up with just the plate and no rings.  In itself, this is not a problem, but taking the lens on and off the body gets a bit trickier.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 10:14:23 pm »

+1. Especially the 35XL Schneider which is hard to handle with the ring on close to impossible with the ring off.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

fotagf8

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 10:26:14 pm »

Thanks everyone.  This was very helpful. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up