Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RE Lightroom CC "Edit in Photoshop" and ACR  (Read 1503 times)

rytch

RE Lightroom CC "Edit in Photoshop" and ACR
« on: May 22, 2016, 08:40:39 am »

As I recall, in the past when I selected a raw file with no edits in Lightroom CC, and chose the Edit in Photoshop option, the raw file opened first in Adobe Camera Raw. Now, when I do this, the file is opened as a pixel-based layer in Photoshop CC.

I am running the latest versions of both CC programs. Is this a change in Adobe's workflow between Lightroom and Photoshop, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help!

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: RE Lightroom CC "Edit in Photoshop" and ACR
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 10:03:20 am »

When you have matching versions of LR and PS that is the normal behaviour. No need to open in ACR because you have already the Develop Module in LR.

The other option you can use is: Photo -> Edit in -> Open as a Smart Object in Photoshop

rytch

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 10:04:40 am »

Thanks, I just thought for sure I remembered different behavior.

howardm

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 11:49:17 am »

I thought I had read of a little 'trick' where you close the image that was opened in PS and either use File -> Recent Files or somethign like that.  I did try to get it to open from LR in ACR and could not do that directly although it *might* be related to import preset application?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 01:25:30 pm »

When ACR is in version parity with LR, and you select Edit in Photoshop, the rendering is applied by ACR (behind this scenes so to speak). Been this way for many, many years.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 06:01:36 am »

I thought I had read of a little 'trick' where you close the image that was opened in PS and either use File -> Recent Files or somethign like that.  I did try to get it to open from LR in ACR and could not do that directly although it *might* be related to import preset application?

I'm curious of why would you want to do that. If you have matching versions of LR and PS, the functionallity of LR and ACR is the same.

If you want to go to PS and still have the option to open the image in ACR then maybe using SmartObjects is a better approach
Pages: [1]   Go Up