Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson R2400 Driver Problem  (Read 4640 times)

photo35

Epson R2400 Driver Problem
« on: May 28, 2006, 11:54:03 am »

I''m using the Matte Black Ink. In the driver under
paper type I can''t select, Velvet Fine Art or Ultra Smooth, or the
Watercolor paper, they are grayed out? I confirmed in the utility that
Matte Black is being seen by the printer, I''ve rebooted my computer,
readded my printer, and still nothing? What am I missing here?

THanks

sgwrx

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 01:13:34 pm »

you have to select the paper source, manual - roll.  as oppoosed to sheet feeder.

photo35

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 02:31:15 pm »

Got it! Thanks. Weird I was using my friends 2400 and never had to use the manual roll feed with Velvet Fine Art sheets. Anyway works now.

samael9

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 12:24:48 pm »

you have to select the paper source, manual - roll.  as oppoosed to sheet feeder.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=66790\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm pullin my hair out over this one issue. And it's hard to do seeing as I don't have any. That's how rough it's been.........

I'm running OSX 10.4.6 on a 2.7Ghz PowerMac, using CS2. When using my defunct 2200, I'd swap to Matte ink, delete the printer from the Printer list, re-start the computer, re-add the printer, and then I would get Velvet Fine Art paper (in black) in the Media Type menu. It was a pain, but it worked.

Several hours of tech support from Apple and Epson (great people, btw) yeilded no resolve to the problem I am currently having with my new R2400. I can not get VFA to come online in the media type menu. I've reinstalled the driver 3 times, reinstalled the ICC profile from Epson's site twice, and still, no VFA (still grayed out) in the media type menu.

I won't kill mysef over this one as there are many work-around options to this perplexing issue. I tried switching to "rol media" as previously suggested, but to no avail. Any other thoughts?

Greatly appreciated!

Clint
Pages: [1]   Go Up