Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selection option available?  (Read 904 times)

deliberate1

Selection option available?
« on: May 21, 2016, 09:03:10 am »

After using various generations of Photoshop for the past ten years or so,I am beginning to use Lightroom in my work flow. One function I have yet to discover is the ability to select a certain part of an image to work on. In Photoshop is will use the lasso tool to define an area. Is there a similar function in Lightroom? Absent that, in Photoshop I will also work on a new layer and then just erase from the layer changes that I do not want. Without layers in Lightroom, is there a work around?
Many thanks

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
Re: Selection option available?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 09:18:02 am »

Selective adjustments are made via the Selective Adjustment suite of tools and include the Adjustment Brush, the Radial Filter Tool, and the Graduated Filter tool. Each allows a different method for selecting a portion of the image and applying a list of adjustments to only that section. The workflow you are describing is best echoed in the Adjustment Brush tool. It allows you to control Size, Feathering, Flow and Density. It also has an eraser.

Here is some basic information on its use: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/how-to/lightroom-adjustment-brush-basics.html
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

deliberate1

Re: Selection option available?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 12:08:35 pm »

Perfect, Rikk.
Very helpful, indeed.
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up