Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very sad to read of Michaels passing  (Read 1423 times)

One Frame at a Time

Very sad to read of Michaels passing
« on: May 21, 2016, 12:18:50 am »

I consider myself very fortunate to have spent a day with Michael at his studio years ago in a one -on- one clinic.  I got lucky and secured a spot as soon as I saw his invitation.  It was a fun and wonderful experience.  In that single day I learned more than I had in the previous year - and felt like I gained a true friend.  He was an incredibly warm and genuine man.  At the end of the day in the studio we drove to his home, shared a glass of wine and talked cameras and computers. It was as if we were old friends.  One of my biggest regrets in life will be that I never was able to join him on any subsequent adventures. 
RIP - I along with many, many others will miss him.
Sincere condolences to his family and close friends.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:23:19 am by One Frame at a Time »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Very sad to read of Michaels passing
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 02:30:37 pm »

I never had a chance to talk to Michael, but from his pictures and the things he wrote I got the impression he was a very gentle, very capable man. I think we're all going to miss him here on his creation: Luminous Landscape.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Richard Riebel

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:42:19 am »

I haven't visited the site in a week, so I learned of his death last night. It is the first time I recall feeling genuinely saddened by the passing of someone I never met. Even as prepared as the site was, I feel LuLu has been diminished by his passing, as have many in this photographic community. I just went through his 20 year retrospective book. I'm lucky to have this memento.ß

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 12:36:09 pm »

Great to hear your thoughts.  We will all miss Michael.  Chris and I made a promise to Michael that we would keep Luminous-Landscape alive, well and growing.  This is not a job for us as much as a passion.  While we can never replace Michael we are just as passionate.  I hope you continue to enjoy Luminous-Landscape and many of the articles and videos that we have planned as well as workshops in the future.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up