Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: It's A Sad Day AT Luminous-Landscape  (Read 87032 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: It's A Sad Day AT Luminous-Landscape
« Reply #240 on: May 23, 2016, 07:39:38 pm »

Andrew, the page is not behind the paywall. Anyone can see it.
Thanks! I wanted to link it to those who didn't know about Michael.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2016, 01:01:29 am »

Thank you!

Andrew, the page is not behind the paywall. Anyone can see it.
Erik Kaffehr

dng88

« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2016, 07:07:31 pm »

It is sad news. 

From video subscription, P67, D30 ... to astro.  Got some interesting topics raised and introduce quite a lot which I would not go to.

The other site in memory: http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2016/05/michael-reichmann-rip.html

RIP.  Surely miss.

oneeggeddy

« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2016, 08:01:33 pm »

My condolences to all family and friends of Michael, although I never met him I felt connected to him as a fellow photographer

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #244 on: May 25, 2016, 02:31:54 am »

I have never meet Michael in person... But since I discover LuLa, his videos and articles have been a reference to me in this last 8 years since I have started to take photography seriously...

My condolences to his family and friends... Rest in peace....

http://dgpfotografia.com

Hackman

« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2016, 08:06:51 am »

I feel very sad to hear this. My condolances to his family and friends.
Mark
He who seeks wisdom,... uuuuh, He

stevebscott

« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2016, 04:13:31 pm »

I met Michael in 2008. We did a one-on-one print workshop at his gallery in Toronto. I have been trusting his advice ever since and it has never steered me wrong.

My approach to photography would not be what it is without Michael and Luminous Landscape. I thank him for that.

He will be missed.

texshooter

« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2016, 04:45:40 pm »

Michael's artistic passion impressed me the most.  He sailed the wave at its crest.  An inspiration!

barryfitzgerald

« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2016, 08:37:42 pm »

Quite shocked to hear this I have not been very active on the site or other ones so the news was a shock.
I can't pretend to have known Michael; we had some interesting exchanges and didn't always agree on some topics. But there was always respect and I for one appreciated his witty humour and interesting articles. He was always polite sometimes firm and opinionated (which is a good thing you knew where he stood). I enjoyed his photography and the work he put into this site.
I've been around for about 10 years if not a bit longer as a spectator on the LL - if there is a testament to the site and it's achievements Michael conveyed that passion (often overused but clearly he had it in large quantities) few have. The effect was it lifted others and inspired them. We all share a common interest it brought people together.

For that I am grateful to Michael you will be sorely missed.

Philip Weber

« Reply #249 on: May 26, 2016, 12:35:10 am »

Ah jeez...I haven't been on the site in a couple of weeks due to heavy demands at work and I am only now seeing this. I discovered this site and Michael's videos right after I started my photographic endeavors in mid-2007. Since then, I've learned so much due to Michael's efforts (not to mention many others here, and elsewhere).

What a sad day for the photography community and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and to his friends who knew him personally.

Rest well and God Bless Michael,

Phil

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2016, 04:08:09 am »

I had not been on the site for a couple of weeks and so was very shocked to hear about Michael's death.  Very sad indeed.  I did not know him and possible only exchanged forum postings with him a couple of times in the 12/13 years I have been a user of the site - but I always enjoyed his articles and his manner.

Jim

praja343

« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2016, 09:28:17 am »

I have been away and just learnt of the sad news. Michael thanks for LuLa and all the information, tips, articles and everything you did for imaging and photographers. May your work inspire others for many many years.

One Frame at a Time

« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2016, 10:15:28 am »

I consider myself very fortunate to have spent a day with Michael at his studio years ago in a one -on- one clinic.  I got lucky and secured a spot as soon as I saw his invitation.  It was a fun and wonderful experience.  In that single day I learned more than I had in the previous year - and felt like I gained a true friend.  He was an incredibly warm and genuine man.  At the end of the day in the studio we drove to his home, shared a glass of wine and talked cameras and computers. It was as if we were old friends.  One of my biggest regrets in life will be that I never was able to join him on any subsequent adventures. 
RIP - I will miss him.
Sincere condolences to his family and close friends.

Christos Andronis

• Christos Andronis Photography
« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2016, 03:10:06 pm »

Very sad news indeed. I've gone back to photography in the beginning of the last decade and LuLa has always been my primary source of information photography wise. From ETTR and digital blending techniques to instructional and entertaining videos, I always felt that this site had it all. I've never met Michael in person but like others I feel I have lost a good friend, and a mentor to my photo endeavours. The more I think about it the more I feel that many of us had this sort of relation to MJ, that of a "student" to a photography mentor - no matter how experienced one is/was.

My sincerest condolences to his family and close friends.

Etrsi_645

« Reply #254 on: May 26, 2016, 06:17:10 pm »

Having been away I just now learned of this sadness...Thank you Michael for bringing us intelligence, understanding, and education on your photographic journey...godspeed...
Pentax K-5 with lenses: DA* 16-50 f/2.8,

DF1

« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2016, 09:02:00 pm »

I am very saddened to hear the news of Michael's passing. My condolences to his family. His contributions to the advancement of photography are immeasurable. He will be missed, but happily his creation, Luminous Landscape, will go on.

John Koerner

• "Fortune favors the bold." Virgil
    • John Koerner Photography
« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2016, 11:25:53 pm »

It isn't often that I get floored reading of the passing of someone I have never met, but it really impacted me when I learned of Michael's passing. Photography is my greatest passion in life, and there is no other place from where I have learned more about the tools and craft of photography than from Luminous Landscape. His loss brought it all home to me just how much Michael's contributions, his website, and his innumerable articles and video products have helped me over the years in my photography. The amount of debt I owe to what I have learned through Michael's web presence is incalculable.

In watching his videos, you could see Michael had not only a great personality, but great ideas, that touched thousands of photographers worldwide. His Luminous Landscape platform gave many of the best photographers (and software developers) a "meeting place" to exchange ideas and, in so doing, gave beginners (like I was) a way to improve their photography exponentially by the ability to read the advice/experiences of some of the best photographers and minds all in one place. And at the helm of it all was Michael, always developing some new article or video to help the rest of us improve our photography.

Michael's shoes are unfillable in this community; a void will be there and remain each time I visit this site.

Michael is blessed to have some great friends (Kevin Raber, Jeff Schewe, Nick Devlin, Chris Sanderson) who will keep Michael's Luminous Landscape going for the rest of us. It won't be the same without him, but Luminous Landscape is here to enjoy because of him.

I close this by offering my sincerest condolences to his friends and his family who have lost him, as well as my sincerest gratitude to Michael for all his great contributions: Thank You Sir.

Jack

afterimages

« Reply #257 on: May 27, 2016, 08:12:43 am »

I, too, offer my condolences to friends and family. I remember watching DVD's of Michael - off somewhere, or in the snow doing gear reviews. It was fun and satisfying. Michael created a great place for photographers.

But I also write to encourage. Kevin - you are not Michael. You are Kevin and I think you have a lot to offer this place in your own style. Thank you and keep at it...

rick

Fred Ragland

• http://
« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2016, 12:15:06 pm »

Our trust in you was special indeed.

Ed B

• Light Conspiracy
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up