Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Profile for Epson Legacy Platine and 3800??

(1/3) > >>

BradSmith:
Based on Mark's review, I've ordered some Epson Legacy Platine.  But I can't find an Epson profile for my Epson 3800.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  If Epson hasn't produced one yet, do you think they will? Is a custom profile my only choice in the near term? 
Thanks
Brad

Mark D Segal:
Brad, do you have the most recent driver installed for your 3800? It was only with a very recent driver up-date that the Legacy Paper profiles were installed even for the newer printer models. You may wish to check this first. If you are not up to date on the driver, install the newest available, then open you print application, migrate to Media Type in the Epson driver settings and see whether the legacy papers show up as an option. If they do, you're fine. If they are not there as of the latest driver update for the 3800, you may wish to try Canson's profile for Canson Platine/3800 and see whether it delivers what you need before ordering a custom profile. I have no idea when/if Epson will be creating Legacy paper profiles for the 3800 if they have not done so already.

howardm:
I think (IMO) there is zero chance you'll see one from Epson since the 3800 has been out of production for what, 4-5yrs at this point?  You're lucky they still make drivers for it (see 'Canon's poor support for older printers').

You should definitely try the Canson Platine profile first. 

Mark D Segal:

--- Quote from: howardm on May 14, 2016, 02:48:22 pm ---I think (IMO) there is zero chance you'll see one from Epson since the 3800 has been out of production for what, 4-5yrs at this point?  You're lucky they still make drivers for it (see 'Canon's poor support for older printers').

You should definitely try the Canson Platine profile first.

--- End quote ---

I tend to agree about the low probability - just checked their website and the latest driver is dated December 2014. They do provide Legacy paper profiles for the 3880 but not the 3800.

BradSmith:
Mark,
I downloaded the most recent driver a few days ago from Epson, so I'm up to date.  I checked the Media Types in the driver and there are no Legacy paper types listed.  So I guess there are none, and from your responses, sounds like there most likely will not be any forthcoming from Epson.  When I receive my paper, I'll try the Canson Platine profile for my 3800 and post the results. 
Brad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version