Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon ImagePrograf Pro-1000 problem  (Read 5359 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Canon ImagePrograf Pro-1000 problem
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 10:18:37 am »

what were Canon's instructions?  To let the system 'find' the drivers from Apple's website?  If so, that is almost always a loser for photo/fine-art printers.

If you read what he said, he downloaded the driver from Canon's website. Seems pretty clear and definitive to me.

And FYI, Apple's updater does not up-date the drivers for Epson Professional printers either. It is used for the non-pro lines; I have been using it for my Workforce Pro multi-function Epson printer and it works fine. 
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

howardm

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2016, 12:49:26 pm »

I would disagree with that statement.  He said:

I resolved the problem by ignoring Canon's printer set-up instructions re drivers

and I inquired as to what Canon's printer set-up instructions actually were so no, it's not clear and definitive.
He indicated he found a solution, but he didn't say exactly what the root cause of the error in the instructions was.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 04:06:14 pm »

Read carefully - he also said he downloaded the driver directly from the Canon website. The Canon website is not the Apple website.

There are no errors in Canon's instructions on printer set-up. I know, because I did it all when I tested it for my review article. It's easy as pie. The only "hooker" is the default installation of that horrid Airprint driver - same hooker as for the Epson P800. As long as one doesn't fall into that mousetrap the process and its outcomes are fine.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2016, 05:34:49 pm »

Having run across the exact same problem myself when installing the Epson P800 drivers last year, I spotted it right away during the installation of the PRO-1000.

I've made a note about it in the PRO-1000 review I've just written - hopefully it will help someone else not go round in circles ;-)

It's a trivial issue when you spot it, but a potential trap for the unwary.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up