Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete option missing in Lightroom CC  (Read 2889 times)

free2australian

Delete option missing in Lightroom CC
« on: May 13, 2016, 02:42:51 am »

I have a Mac computer and Lightroom CC - Lightroom is up to date except for the latest update.

In the last  couple of days the option to "delete" or "delete from disk is missing". 

Only "remove from Collection" option is visible.  The photos that I am wishing to delete from disk are not in a collection.  Having said,  they are within my Venice folder - not in an added  collection.  I tested this option and  removed photos from  collection and this is obviously not being sent to the trash.

Can anybody assist on how to re-instate the option to "delete or " delete from disk option on the drop down box?

thank you

Sue

Simon Garrett

Re: Delete option missing in Lightroom CC
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 04:24:49 am »

Assuming that you are looking at the images in a folder in the library (not in a collection) then I'm afraid I don't know.

If you don't get any answer here, try asking on https://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom/content.  There are usually Adobe staffers lurking there to answer such questions. 

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 04:33:42 am »

Only "remove from Collection" option is visible.

So I would bet that you are indeed in a collection. Right click the photo and choose Show in Folder in Library.

As an alternative, Alt Ctrl Shift Delete or Mac: Opt Cmd Shift Delete will delete photos anywhere in Lightroom. You don't get any "are you sure?" prompt, so use with care.

John

adias

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 12:33:23 pm »

I have a Mac computer and Lightroom CC - Lightroom is up to date except for the latest update.

In the last  couple of days the option to "delete" or "delete from disk is missing". 

Only "remove from Collection" option is visible.  The photos that I am wishing to delete from disk are not in a collection.  Having said,  they are within my Venice folder - not in an added  collection.  I tested this option and  removed photos from  collection and this is obviously not being sent to the trash.

Can anybody assist on how to re-instate the option to "delete or " delete from disk option on the drop down box?

thank you

Sue

It's there. Assuming that you are in the Library module and the thumbnail of teh photo in question is selected, look for 'Remove Photo' (towards the bottom) under the top 'Photo' dropdown menu. Or do the same by right clicking (or Ctrl-click) the thumbnail.

Alistair

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 01:58:42 pm »

thank you

Sue

You can just press the Delete button from your keyboard from any module. This will bring up the "Delete from disk or remove" option dialogue box.
Alistair

pluton

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 11:21:59 pm »

You can just press the Delete button from your keyboard from any module. This will bring up the "Delete from disk or remove" option dialogue box.
This is how I have always done it. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up