Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark Seawell  (Read 9133 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Mark Seawell
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 03:46:54 am »

It may be over simplistic, but my own summary and takeaway is just be there, just wakeup and be there where the light is playing with the world.

Not simplistic: spot on. But you missed out "and have the eye - and the sensitivity - to see what's in front of you".

Jeremy

uwphotobudd

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 09:46:15 am »

Great article and images. I spent 5 years in Germany (Harheim) in the early to mid-70s. Your images so much remind me of the wonderful years those were. Like you, I took up photography and spent so much time exploring, shooting and printing my images. I long to go back and visit my favorite places. Thank you for the memories.

Budd Riker (www.lightinthesea.com)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2016, 09:48:25 am »

Not simplistic: spot on. But you missed out "and have the eye - and the sensitivity - to see what's in front of you".

Jeremy
+1.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 10:25:19 am »

Some lovely black/whites! Remind me of one late return from Britain to Spain, and driving through similar valley fog in the Dordogne... makes everthing so much more interesting not to see all the details. Not nice to drive, but pleasing to the eye.

Rob C

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2016, 05:27:12 pm »

Indeed Jeremy, that's very true, I had sort taken that part for granted since that's IMHO the most imporant asset of a photographer.

Cheers,
Bernard

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2016, 07:44:22 am »

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind comments about my article and the LL for printing it. Germany is where I cut my photographic teeth and will always carry a special place in my heart. I still have all of those pictures of my external hard drive, the good, bad, and ugly. It doesn't matter really. What matters most to me, even more than the captures is the TRUE EXPERIENCE of being there and taking it in. Being a part of nature is what I seek and Germany provided that and so much more.

Now, Utah and the southwest...TBC

Mark Seawell
May 13, 2016

James Clark

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2016, 03:34:48 pm »

Hey Mark - late to the party, and all I can do is echo what everyone else has already said - great work, and interesting background!   Whenever I see an image posted by you it's always worth a look :)

oneeggeddy

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2016, 06:26:00 pm »

Thank you for the wonderful photographs

Ray

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 09:22:26 pm »

I still have all of those pictures of my external hard drive, the good, bad, and ugly. It doesn't matter really. What matters most to me, even more than the captures is the TRUE EXPERIENCE of being there and taking it in. Being a part of nature is what I seek and Germany provided that and so much more.

That's a very important point that resonates with me. Being there, and appreciating the scenery, the culture and the people, is the main purpose in my own photography.

The processes of photography are an additional motivation, to spend more time at a location in search of an unusual and/or interesting scene or turn of events, or to explore different perspectives of a particular scene in search of something unusual or pleasing or meaningful.

I don't really care if I don't make any money from my photography, although I do have one or two polyptychs which I would quite happily sell for a million dollars or so.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up