Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P800 Print Head Nozzle Check anomaly  (Read 1845 times)

cortlander

Epson P800 Print Head Nozzle Check anomaly
« on: May 08, 2016, 04:22:09 pm »

Every time I do a Nozzle Check on my Epson P800, there is always one little swiggly line missing in the Vivid Magneta. It is the third line from the bottom in the snap shot attached. I have not notice any effect on the print.

Any thoughts on why this happens, and is it something to be concerned about? I have already tried cleaning the print head with no change in the outcome.

Thanks.
cortlander

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson P800 Print Head Nozzle Check anomaly
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 04:30:50 pm »

If you have not done a "powerful clean" I recommend trying that, then a nozzle check. If the trouble persists print a page of only Magenta, then another powerful clean, then do a nozzle check. if it is still there call Epson tech support. Not much else you can do.

While this one missing nozzle may have no visible effect on most photos, it is evidence of something incorrect and should be remedied on the chance that it could get worse.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

cortlander

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 04:44:21 pm »

Thanks a lot Mark! The cleaning solved the problem. Everything seems good to go.

Once again, your help is much appreciated!
cortlander

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 05:04:42 pm »

You are welcome. Glad it is resolved.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

NigelC

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 01:14:17 pm »

Interesting that's exactly like my missing magenta segment on 8 year old 3800 ; a bit worrying to see that on a new printer. Unlike your printer mine does not respond to any form of cleaning but also doesn't seem to have any effect on output. Bit of a dilemma whether to keep it, given it's probably going to fail in the not too distant future ,or go for a new P800 which is on offer until end of May.

cortlander

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 05:37:06 pm »

Seems like you got a pretty good return from your 3800. My 3880 suddenly stopped printing after a bit over 2 years of light use, and I had to pay full price to replace it with the P800, although Epson was gracious enough to give me some free ink cartridges. If you do decide to get the P800, I am sure you will be thrilled with it. Good luck!
cortlander
Pages: [1]   Go Up