Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fujifilm X-Pro2: I took the plunge  (Read 9812 times)

rvamos

Re: Fujifilm X-Pro2: I took the plunge
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2016, 06:09:38 pm »

A question from a Leica M 240 user, which also has a 24mp sensor: how does an image from the X-Pro-2 compare when printed large?  I love he M240 because I can make really big prints despite the relatively small resolution of the sensor, but what about the Fuji?  Also, is there an adaptor to use M lenses on the Fuji? (OK - 2 questions...)

armand

• Photos
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2016, 09:31:18 pm »

I'm agonizing over which lens to buy next -- 16 or 18mm? I should probably invest in a zoom as well. Your kit looks about what I'd like to eventually assemble.

Cheers, R

I never warmed to the idea of 18 to buy it but I do have the 16 1.4. It's largish but nothing bothersome, great balance on a X-T1. In a close distance chart testing that I did at home it was so so but in real life it's very nice. I also has nice bokeh which is important as it can get quite close and I think this was one the the primary uses: close ups wide open.
I do use it much more often than the 14 2.8 (partially because wider than 24 equiv becomes more difficult to compose properly).

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2016, 10:13:23 pm »

A question from a Leica M 240 user, which also has a 24mp sensor: how does an image from the X-Pro-2 compare when printed large?  I love he M240 because I can make really big prints despite the relatively small resolution of the sensor, but what about the Fuji?  Also, is there an adaptor to use M lenses on the Fuji? (OK - 2 questions...)

I am happy making 20x30 prints from the 16 megapixel X Pro 1. I haven't printed large from the X Pro 2 yet, but I expect to be a little better. (I'm talking about fine art inkjet prints -- of course for offset printing the sky's the limit - I had one stitched pano from an X-T1 printed 10 feet high by 42 feet wide and it looked terrific.) I don't have an M240 for comparison, but I did a side-by-side with a Sony RX1 and sold it on.

Yes, there are several adapters for M lenses to the Fuji X system.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

RPark

• Raymond Parker Photography
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 12:30:58 pm »

Yes, I guess that's something to consider with the wider, as well as longer, lenses.

I never warmed to the idea of 18 to buy it but I do have the 16 1.4. It's largish but nothing bothersome, great balance on a X-T1. In a close distance chart testing that I did at home it was so so but in real life it's very nice. I also has nice bokeh which is important as it can get quite close and I think this was one the the primary uses: close ups wide open.
I do use it much more often than the 14 2.8 (partially because wider than 24 equiv becomes more difficult to compose properly).

RPark

• Raymond Parker Photography
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 12:32:50 pm »

I've printed to 20" wide, using my Epson 4900. The results are superb.

I am happy making 20x30 prints from the 16 megapixel X Pro 1. I haven't printed large from the X Pro 2 yet, but I expect to be a little better. (I'm talking about fine art inkjet prints -- of course for offset printing the sky's the limit - I had one stitched pano from an X-T1 printed 10 feet high by 42 feet wide and it looked terrific.) I don't have an M240 for comparison, but I did a side-by-side with a Sony RX1 and sold it on.

Yes, there are several adapters for M lenses to the Fuji X system.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up