Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H5D-50c WiFi; Anyone try a 3" Hoodman for viewing the screen in the field?  (Read 1196 times)

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing

Use my Hassie 97% in the field for landscape work.
Looking for a "hood" that will allow a clear view of the rear screen in bright sunlight.

Does the Hoodman fit or will the rubber eyepiece get in the way?

Jack

vjbelle

I have tried the Hoodman and found it to be very inferior optically to other considerations.  Mostly I have been using MF loupes and have found that the Peak works our really well.  It is very small and optically superior to the Hoodman.  I do, though, believe that they have been discontinued but still available here and there.  If all else fails then go the Zacuto route. 

Victor

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing

Thanks, that's what I was concerned about - quality.

When I was shooting 4x5 I had invested in a Zeiss loupe, if I remember right cost was well over $300.00 used, BUT it was perfect.
Sold it with the 4x5.

Wish I could remember what power it was, or asking for suggestions on what power would be best on the screen of the Hassie.

That might be the solution.

I'll see what other suggestions we get,
Jack
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:37:45 pm by Lust4Life »

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com

No experience with a hassle, but have used one with a Phase IQ back. A standard hoodman doesn't magnify the image, the eyepiece simply allows it be in focus.  If you add the optional magnifying eye piece it works much better as long as your camera is at a reasonable working height (not too high or low).  I actually bought some cheap +3.75 reading glasses and find they are more useful and easier to use than the hoodman most of the time.  So I still carry the hoodman, in case the glasses aren't a useful option.

Jlister

I use a cheap dslr loupe I wear around my neck but it works well.  There is a product called the side-finder by Smallhd.  It is basically a loupe for a 5 inch video monitor.  I think it could fit over an iPhone 6s Plus and use the wifi.
Pages: [1]   Go Up