Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPSON 2880 Color Shift  (Read 1038 times)

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
EPSON 2880 Color Shift
« on: May 02, 2016, 02:19:36 pm »

Hi,

I have some images where blue highlights in the image are shifting to a very distinct purple.  Previous prints of the same subject on the same paper were fine.  I have printed at a commercial lab and got decent results, so I know the blue I see on the screen is really there.

I have recently profiled my monitor, checked out the soft proof, turned off color management on the printer, cleaned the head and nozzle all to no effect.

One thing I did notice is that some of the ink cartridges  (light black, light light black, black and light cyan) are running low....but not so low that I get the warning from the printer driver. I am loath to change the cartridges when there is still ink to be spilled..especially if it does not fix the problem. The hardware tech at Epson has suggested it may be a hardware problem...but I really have my doubts since all the other colors in the image (green, yellow, gold and everything in between) come out just fine. I am also reluctant to spend a fortune fixing a hardware problem that may not be there.

Any thoughts?

Robert

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: EPSON 2880 Color Shift
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 03:25:52 pm »

What does your nozzle check look like, is it perfect?

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 06:39:46 pm »

Yes, it looks perfect as does printout following head cleaning...though it did not at first.

SimonC

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 09:05:14 am »

I had this happen to me with a 2880, getting green and cyan casts on B&W prints.  In my case I felt it was related to changing ink carts and was an issue that came and went.  I eventually sold my 2880 and bought a P600 and so far had no problems.  One suggestion, aside from changing ink carts, is to take them out and give them a shake, as it's possible the pigment has settled.

Hope you get it sorted.

Simon

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 02:29:18 pm »

In my case I felt it was related to changing ink carts
Simon

Thanks, do you mean the problem was created when you changed the ink carts or it was solved when you changed the ink carts?

I also had another issue where the manual head clean was just fine, but I was getting the same blue to purple shift and the cartridges were running low. When I changed the carts, I got a very bad color cast (not just a shift) and the results of the nozzle check showed the head were really bad. In other words the new cart actually seemed to have gummed up the heads.
I needed to do several manual head cleans (at the expense of a  lot of ink) before it righted itself out. 

Hard to know how to proceed without wasting a fortune on inks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up