Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bad Cyan Nozzle Check on 9890 - please help  (Read 1009 times)

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
bad Cyan Nozzle Check on 9890 - please help
« on: April 29, 2016, 01:21:26 pm »

Hi all,

I've had problems with the CYAN channel on my Epson 9890 since the day I bought it - the printer is two years old now and on it's 3rd head, and today I'm having problems again with CYAN...

I can print a perfect nozzle check after a power cleaning, in fact I can print a dozen perfect nozzle checks one after another but as soon as I make a print, I get CYAN banding and the nozzle checks are bad until I do another Power cleaning. Is this a problem with the head, air in the lines, a problem with the capping station ?

Thank you,

Paul

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: bad Cyan Nozzle Check on 9890 - please help
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 03:12:05 pm »

Looks more like nozzle deflection problem to me ... caused by a build up of ink on the surface of the head around the nozzles.  Perhaps cleaning or replacing the wiper, may also need to use some distilled water on thin micro fiber cloth to try and soften up/clean the ink from the head.

disneytoy

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 07:17:19 pm »

I agree. The eradicate break up of the pattern tells me it is external. What paper do you use? I bet you print fiber and or canvas?

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 08:24:39 pm »

Looks more like nozzle deflection problem to me ... caused by a build up of ink on the surface of the head around the nozzles.  Perhaps cleaning or replacing the wiper, may also need to use some distilled water on thin micro fiber cloth to try and soften up/clean the ink from the head.

Thank you Wayne,

I tried as you suggested and let the cloth sit behind the head for a few hours before rubbing it gently back and forth - but it hasn't helped...

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 08:27:07 pm »

I agree. The eradicate break up of the pattern tells me it is external. What paper do you use? I bet you print fiber and or canvas?

Yep - Epson Hot Press :) Do you think the paper fiber particles accumulate on the head ? But why is it always CYAN and never the other channels ??

disneytoy

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 01:51:36 pm »

I don't know how for you to clean them, but you most likely have some very tiny paper fibers adhered to your nozzles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up