Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photo quality ijp with pk cart epson 2400?  (Read 5831 times)

jeremydillon

photo quality ijp with pk cart epson 2400?
« on: May 24, 2006, 03:39:44 am »

Hi,

I've just aquired a new epson 2400, trying to fit it into my workflow ...

Like everyone here I was a bit shocked by the ink waste swapping from mk to pk carts and have decided to stick with pk as my clients expect a regular photo type product. I'll swap over and do a batch of matte prints for myself from time to time, but this will mostly be a pearl/lustre printer.

I do want to be able to print a reasonable quality contact print on cheap photo quality ink jet paper though ...

Does anyone have any idea how to get an o.k. print on to photo quality ijp with the photo black cart installed.

The "photo quality ijp" paper type is hidden when the photo black is installed.

The prints are just for thumbnails that I put on DVD covers for clients - so they don't need to be great, but I'm not getting anything close to acceptable at the moment.

thanks

Jeremy

p.s. - I'm getting excellent prints in ilford galerie smooth pearl with the ilford canned profile, so with a profile thats close and paper settings to match i rekon there must be a way of making this work for me

danamr

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 05:39:44 pm »

Hi,

The "photo quality ijp" paper type is hidden when the photo black is installed.

The prints are just for thumbnails that I put on DVD covers for clients - so they don't need to be great, but I'm not getting anything close to acceptable at the moment.

thanks

Jeremy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=66428\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You will not get a real black on matte paper with the PhotoBlack in the printer. I have found the enhanced matte setting works as well as anything for that kind of setup.

jeremydillon

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 09:27:51 pm »

thanks .. i'll give it a try
Pages: [1]   Go Up