Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: CMOS vs CCD and colour profiles a quick and dirty comparison  (Read 27886 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Summing up my observations
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2016, 03:27:54 pm »

Hi Ali,

My favourite tool used to be Adobe DNG Profile Editor. With that tool you can generate a colour profile from a colour checker card and it allows you to tune colour rendition for individual samples. It is free.

In these tests I have used DCamProf. DCamProf takes the approach that it produces a colour correct conversion on which you can apply a "look". At this stage I don't think there is some tool for designing such a look with a What You See Is What You Get approach.

Bart has pointed out that Capture One Pro has an advanced colour editor, that allows you to make tweaks to a profile and save that as an ICC file. Just keep in mind that mixing with stuff can mix up stuff. Colour management is not trivial. I have some sample where colour profiles induce pretty bad artefacts, something like this:
C1-defaultAdobe STD
Adobe DNG Profile EdiorDcamProf

In this case both the Adobe Standard profile and DCamprof generate smooth transitions, the Capture One conversion has some artefacts and the file created by the DNG Profile Editor has a lot of artefacts. This image comes from a P45+.

Best regards
Erik

In my field shots using P45+ and Sony A7rII it may be differences that simple profiles cannot handle. It is possible to tweak profiles a lot, of course.

Erik, how can you tweet profile? Is it possible? When I profiling my cameras with Xrite profiler and compare the picture with passport, I like to fine tune the profile a little bit sometimes but don't know how. Thanks
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 01:36:28 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up