Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALPA is now offering Lens shade for HR lens with full movement!  (Read 1254 times)

wding109

ALPA is now offering Lens shade for HR lens with full movement! This is different from the ones that are optimized for zero-movement. I guess these shades will also fit the Arca-Swiss/Cambo mount. This should solve the flare problem on 40 and 32 very well. I think the only problem is that you cannot use these shades with 4x6/4x4 filters.
Has anyone tried any of them already? Any feedback?

Thanks a lot
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 04:06:41 pm by wding109 »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: ALPA is now offering Lens shade for HR lens with full movement!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 07:00:53 pm »

I can't speak to Alpa, but the Lee system will work also on the 40 and 32mm, and allow the use of the filters 4 x 4 on the 40mm and 150 x 150 on the 32mm. 

The hood I have seen from Alpa for the 32mm (which is new), it doesn't seem to allow allowance for any filters. 

The Lee system I have used now for several years:

On the 40mm HR-W, the Lee wide angle hood, with the wide angle ring from Lee.  This allows a 105mm CL-PL on the front and up to 2 4 x 4 filters behind.  The hood itself will also cut the flare very well.  You can also use a 4 x 4 white card for the LCC shot, in one of the filter slots.  Capture Integration sells one.

On the 32mm HR-W, I use the CF as I feel helps a lot on shifts past 5mm (noise and light fall off), so I am at 105mm.  Here the new Lee wide angle ring fits the 32mm and allows the use of any of the standard SW-150 filter holders, again up to 2 filters.   Lee also makes a 86mm Wide Angle Ring in the new style so if you are not a CF user then the smaller ring will work with the SW-150.  The SW-150 by design acts like a hood and helps to cut flare. 
Only down sides, weight of the 105mm and 86mm rings on the front of the 32 HR-W. 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
Re: ALPA is now offering Lens shade for HR lens with full movement!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 08:37:33 pm »

Ditto.  The Lee works great and allows me to use grads and a polarizer.  Only drag is the internal material loses it's rigidity after about a year.  I consider the hoods a 'consumable good.'

CB
Pages: [1]   Go Up