Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: M43 compared to Fuji APS-C  (Read 35715 times)

scooby70

Re: M43 compared to Fuji APS-C
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2016, 08:38:16 pm »

In fact, prints even at ISO 5000 can be clean when prepared right and shot well in raw.

I use my cameras at any ISO up to and including the maximum they'll shoot at but I suppose a lot depends on your own quality threshold. I took this shot under a pier on a dull overcast day, GX7, ISO 25,600, 1/30, f8. I could have used a wider aperture and brought the ISO down but I wanted large depth of field.

This wont win any prizes but I just wanted a shot of the beams and to me this is acceptable quality and beyond anything I got from 35mm film.

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2016, 10:06:30 pm »

M43 sure is compact and darn good! 

rodgerd

• http://diaspora.gen.nz/~rodgerd/
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2016, 03:14:00 am »

I think I had set it up but in the heat of the moment it didn't even cross my mind to do that. This is a case when too many options are not always a good thing.

Oh, sure.  I've had the E-M1 almost a year, and I'm still fine-tuning settings and finding new ways to make it more usable.  Olympus have wonderful configurability but mediocre discoverability.  Once you've gotten used to it they're (IMO) suprememly useable.

marton

« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2016, 09:32:26 pm »

I recently took my X-T1 and 18-55 to the DRC for a few weeks. Humidity around 90% every day, very hot, and the Fuji stood the test. My D800 would've begun falling apart I'm sure. I didn't feel I needed any other lens, however, the 16-55 might have been better. It's understandable to try and make sure you're covered for everything but honestly once you're out there you're too busy shooting to worry about whether or not you brought the right lens(es).

bobtrlin

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2016, 09:53:18 pm »

I have the 45 f/1.8, great lens all around... 17 f/1.7 much faster to focus then the 20 f1.7, but I like the 40 Field of view of the 20mm better for street. With the 20, I zone manual focus, with f/8 for DOF. I use these three lenses all the time. I much prefer primes over zooms.

Peter
I second that although a bit off topic.  Don't write off Oly's range of "premium" primes.  They are fast and incredibly sharp, small and light but not weatherproof.  I find the 12-40 f2.8 Pro a bit bulky on the E-M1 so unless I'm going to be shooting in the rain, I prefer the premium primes.

barryfitzgerald

« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2016, 06:35:38 am »

I think micro 4/3 has found it's place in more recent times partly down to the bodies being priced at more realistic levels. I felt for a long time that Oly were pricing too high, so that might help adoption a bit.
Oly have always had a good reputation for lenses and the primes are no exception little to fault with most of them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up