Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf 5000 - Continuous tone?  (Read 3488 times)

David White

• http://
ipf 5000 - Continuous tone?
« on: May 23, 2006, 11:54:27 am »

I found a review of the ipf5000 at Red River Paper.  There are a lot of screenshots of the driver pages.  The disconcerting thing I picked up from the review was that the dot pattern in the ipf5000 is very visible, especially on resin coated paper and to a lesser extent on matte papers.  The samples provided showed that the 4800 had a clear advantage as far as producing a continous tone image.

I don't know if this is a general problem or specific to the reviewer.  If it is a general problem, hopefully it can be fixed through tuning of the firmware and drivers by Canon.

If any of the early recipients of the printer have, or have not, experienced this problem I would like to see their comments and samples.
David White

John Mason

ipf 5000 - Continuous tone?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 12:11:18 am »

I should have mine in a week.  

In another thread some people were discussing ink usage with the 90ml starter tanks and one fellow had ripped off a number of 13x19's and no one mentioned a problem with the dot pattern.

I ordered this printer because I need a printer of that size, and after years of the Epsons and dealing with sometimes clogged heads, a pigment printer that autodetects and corrects this (the new HP is supposed to do this too), is just going to be sooooo nice.

I'll posts my impressions in about 10 days.  (if all goes well)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 12:30:17 am by John Mason »
Pages: [1]   Go Up