Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB: ADAPTER for Mamiya 645 mount DB to Contax 645 system  (Read 772 times)

shootingalot

• Team up or no success
WTB: ADAPTER for Mamiya 645 mount DB to Contax 645 system
« on: April 17, 2016, 09:09:25 am »

Hi!

I am looking for some solution to mont my P40+ back to a Contax 645 system. Any suggestions?
CI said it cost $3k to change the mount... Which i find extremely high especially because Hasselblad
offers the same service for so much less, also has adapters for other systems for few hundred dollars.
If you know what to do and how, where, please let me know

Theodoros

Re: WTB: ADAPTER for Mamiya 645 mount DB to Contax 645 system
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 11:37:18 am »

Hi!

I am looking for some solution to mont my P40+ back to a Contax 645 system. Any suggestions?
CI said it cost $3k to change the mount... Which i find extremely high especially because Hasselblad
offers the same service for so much less, also has adapters for other systems for few hundred dollars.
If you know what to do and how, where, please let me know

Phase One backs don't use user interchangeable adapter plates as to adapt the backs in different platforms by simply attaching a different plate on it as it Happens with Hasselblad/Imacon CF backs or the Sinarbacks... Thus, one must sent his back to the factory as to have a mount replacement (which possibly won't be done on the same back, they'll most probably replace your back with a similar condition same type back that was originally made for Contax). Partly the reason why I only have had Sinar and/or Imacon/Hasselblad backs up to now.  ;)

Theodoros

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 01:45:12 pm »

Thank you for the information! Not overly happy about it. Unfortunately Hasselblad hasn't made very good backs since the H4D, nor the H5D-50 was a good sensor with its split reading issues but finally with the H6D i can go back to the H platform.

I don't use Hasselblad platform either... It's Hasselblad CF-39MS (and Sinarback 54H) backs that I now use on my ...Contax 645 and also on my Fuji GX-680 (have a Contax platform plate for backs on it) platforms....  ;) If you are looking for a back to use on weddings (which I suspect you do) I would strongly suggest to look for a Phase One P-30+ (same sensor size as P40+) for Contax... The price (even though cheaper than P-40+) will be a bit higher (about 1-1.2K than usual P-30+ prices for other platforms - because it's a Contax back and they are not that many - same applies for the P40+ and any other P1 back for Contax too) but it's even better with high ISO (up to 1600) at full resolution, it is cheaper and you may prefer it at near base ISO too...  ;)

shootingalot

• Team up or no success
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 03:46:03 pm »

Thanks. I don't do weddings. I shoot commercial, fashion mostly. This back i had as a back up for my IQ160 which i just sold not long ago.
I have an offer for my P40+ but the buyer doesn't speak English to communicate on forums like this. I am awaiting on the H6D-50c at this
point as i have 5 lenses for the H system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up