Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crab Spiders @ 2:1  (Read 4575 times)

John Koerner

• "Fortune favors the bold." Virgil
    • John Koerner Photography
Re: Crab Spiders @ 2:1
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 04:41:05 pm »

Tremendous work. You exhibit skills and patience that are in a completely different league to any that I even aspire to.
Ken

Thanks Ken.

As with anything, skill sets are acquired over time.

Macro shooting is my primary interest, so I've learned more in this aspect of photography than in any other.
(I am still learning and will never stop trying to learn.)

As for "patience," I believe the more appropriate word would be interest. I am simply interested in the subjects I photograph. While the "close focus" effort is made, "all else" in the world around me disappears from my consciousness. If the subject moves, repositions, etc., I simply deal with it and keep at it, lost in concentration for my objective.

Time goes by and I do not notice. Retakes go by, until at last I get a set and sequence that pleases me, finally "pulling out" (as it were) from my total immersion into the subject I am trying to capture.

In my observation, those photographers who "lose their patience" with macro photography are simply not totally immersed into what they're doing, mentally.
(They are going through the motions, but not totally interested in their heart.)

Those macro shooters who are able to achieve their objectives are able to do so, because they are so interested and so immersed in their subject ... that they just stay at it until the mission is accomplished.

Jack

muntanela

• BRATA
Re: Crab Spiders @ 2:1
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 06:22:09 pm »

I'm interested in the Zeiss Distagon 25 2.8,  focusing distance of 17 cm,  RR 1:2.3. At close up distance it has a strong field curvature, being very sharp in the centre of the frame and rather soft in the corners and  edges, it gets better from 5.6. I wonder how much better it gets closing the aperture. I wouldn't put the subject  always in the center of the frame. It isn't even very cheap, indeed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up