Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Change Keystone Default to 100%?  (Read 2870 times)

alan_b

• West Coast Architecture + Interiors Photographer
How to Change Keystone Default to 100%?
« on: April 14, 2016, 02:36:30 am »

Hi, anyone know how to change the default amount of keystone correction from 80% to 100%?

Thanks!

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: How to Change Keystone Default to 100%?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 04:00:15 am »

You can save your own presets. Click in the menu in the keystone dialog and you can save, choose or delete the preset as in the attached images. C1 will remain in the last chosen preset.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 09:39:14 am »

You can save your own presets. Click in the menu in the keystone dialog and you can save, choose or delete the preset as in the attached images. C1 will remain in the last chosen preset.

Correct, and one can alternatively save multiple specific settings in a "Style". That would allow to change multiple settings for e.g. a new batch of files all at the same time. Capture One is highly configurable.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

alan_b

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 11:07:55 am »

Thanks guys.  So if I make a preset or style, I still have to apply that manually.  Is the only chance for auto-applying a style/preset in the import process?

No way to set keystone amount as a program default or camera default like sharpening, noise?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 02:32:23 pm »

Thanks guys.  So if I make a preset or style, I still have to apply that manually.

No, if you don't change the default, it sticks to that.

Same for a style (=multiple settings in multiple panels at the same time), you can make that stick (or select another when importing). That makes it easy to deviate from the defaults for specific shots/scenarios.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:54:11 pm by BartvanderWolf »

alan_b

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 03:15:29 pm »

That's where I seem to be missing something.  I don't see a "save default" option with the popups on the keystone tool, but it's there with other tools like base characteristics, exposure, noise, sharpening, etc.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 03:48:29 pm »

That's where I seem to be missing something.  I don't see a "save default" option with the popups on the keystone tool, but it's there with other tools like base characteristics, exposure, noise, sharpening, etc.

Ah, I see what you mean. But I've not had to look at that option for years, since I set it in my default Style which automatically is selected when I import new files.

I suggest you create a preset under the Keystone correction panel. For example make one called Keystone 100pct. You can make a few others if you find that you use other amounts frequently as well. This is not necessary, but may help later.

Now, with that parameter preset e.g. at 100% correction, also set all other settings you would like to always use for a given camera or shooting scenario (such as default noise reduction, tone curve camera profile, you name it), create a user style that includes all those settings.

Then apply that style on import (see first attached example).
Or apply a preset upon import (second example).

By naming the preset and creating the style, you are very flexible in changing settings from the Import dialog panel, or from the relevant tool panel if you are in the middle of postprocessing a series of images.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:52:25 pm by BartvanderWolf »

alan_b

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 04:26:59 pm »

Thanks Bart.

qwz

• http://vassiliev.net
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 08:58:49 am »

It get changed automatically if you touch a Keystone Amount  sliders before using keystone cursor tool to mark a vertical/horizontal lines.
Pages: [1]   Go Up