Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to set color sample points in LR?  (Read 7392 times)

adias

Re: How to set color sample points in LR?
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 01:15:19 pm »

It's been there since version 1. See http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2015/11/selecting-a-color-from-an-image-in-lightroom.html

Thanks for pointing out the link. Very unintuitive way to pick a pixel color. Still does not work in the Slideshow - say if I have an image and would like to pick a given pixel color that image for an intro slide, I see no way to do that.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:23:07 pm by adias »

adias

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 01:21:36 pm »

Alternatively, and functioning somewhat differently, there is the TAT (Targeted Adjustment Tool) in the HSL panel.

That one i know, but not what I was after. The other reply shows the hidden way to grab a picker color.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 01:54:56 pm »

No. I used the wrong term.

Yes, I was answering the question I quoted.

If you want to process by numbers, use Photoshop. You can even switch to CMYK and try to match whatever colours are supposed to be Caucasian or other skin tones.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2016, 01:57:42 pm »

Thanks for pointing out the link. Very unintuitive way to pick a pixel color. Still does not work in the Slideshow - say if I have an image and would like to pick a given pixel color that image for an intro slide, I see no way to do that.

I agree it's unintuitive to need to drag the Color Picker from the panel rather than just click to sample. But it does work in Slideshow as it does elsewhere. Once you drag the Color Picker, you can use it to sample anywhere on the screen(s) including the active image, images in the Filmstrip, or in other application windowss that are visible.

adias

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2016, 02:44:15 pm »

I agree it's unintuitive to need to drag the Color Picker from the panel rather than just click to sample. But it does work in Slideshow as it does elsewhere. Once you drag the Color Picker, you can use it to sample anywhere on the screen(s) including the active image, images in the Filmstrip, or in other application windowss that are visible.

If I select a color like you suggested I see no way to use that color in a slideshow intro screen - it just does not carry there.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2016, 03:08:13 pm »

If I select a color like you suggested I see no way to use that color in a slideshow intro screen - it just does not carry there.

I just tested it. As soon as you release the Color Picker on the sample colour, it updates the intro screen.

adias

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 04:55:26 pm »

I just tested it. As soon as you release the Color Picker on the sample colour, it updates the intro screen.

It does not work for me. I can follow your procedure and set a color background for a given slide with a pic on it, but I cannot transfer the same color to the intro screen. it should be trivial to do so.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2016, 07:43:29 pm »

It does not work for me. I can follow your procedure and set a color background for a given slide with a pic on it, but I cannot transfer the same color to the intro screen. it should be trivial to do so.

There'll be some tiny thing you're not doing, or something that you are doing. I just can't think what it may be though. PC or Mac? Is the Intro Screen box checked?

adias

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 11:02:09 pm »

There'll be some tiny thing you're not doing, or something that you are doing. I just can't think what it may be though. PC or Mac? Is the Intro Screen box checked?

Mac

Intro Screen - Checked

I see now how it's done, but it's done blind as when setting the Intro Screen background color they do not show the slide screen. Not too good.

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 02:01:28 am by adias »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 05:32:39 am »

I see now how it's done, but it's done blind as when setting the Intro Screen background color they do not show the slide screen. Not too good.

OK, I now see what you mean - the image is immediately replaced by the Intro Screen colour. It should operate like Color Wash, in the Backdrop panel.

As a workaround, I'd suggest sampling from one of the other places where the image is displayed. So you can sample in the Navigator panel, the filmstrip, or even a second window.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 05:36:23 am by john beardsworth »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up