Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it worth keeping and buying a new printhead? Canon Pro9000  (Read 863 times)

andydg

I was recently in a thrift store with my family and found a Canon Pro9000 printer.  The price was reduced from $13.99 to $10.99  Thought it was worth a chance.  The ink the previous owner used was refillable aftermarket.  The printer works, but the printhead is no longer serviceable due to the use of non Canon ink.  I have one of these printers already and tried the printhead out of it, and the thrift store one works fine.  So, since this is a discontinued printer and printheads are available, do you think it is worth buying one?  Would I be better off buying a newer printer model?  I don't print 13x19 all that often, so it is overkill to some degree. 

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
Re: Is it worth keeping and buying a new printhead? Canon Pro9000
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 07:20:24 am »

I'm a bit lost: you already had a pro9000, now you have two, but only one working print head between them?
I guess that might be useful if the first printer dies for a reason other than the print head, but in that case you could simply swap the head into the thrift-shop printer and carry on.

I still have a 9000s, it works as well as ever, but for B&W it really sucks, bad magenta cast... if you are just doing colour you aren't manic about colour management, it's a good printer for $11.

If you want to do B&W, you can do much better :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up