Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 Ink question  (Read 2845 times)

trentf

Z3200 Ink question
« on: April 12, 2016, 08:28:40 am »

My Z3200 has been a great printer.  I recently replaced the belt and now it is hitting the service station,  but printed great.  Now the screen is telling me two of the inks need to be re-seated.  Click Ok.  Do it and the same message appears upon restart.  Has anyone experienced this?  Thanks

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
Re: Z3200 Ink question
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 09:15:18 am »

Check to see that the connections to the carriage PCA board are correctly seated and not damaged.  You could pull the cable and do a continuity test with a meter.  If all that is good, you may have a bad PCA board.

Sometimes the shutter on the ESP is stuck open and that can be another cause.

Check out the PCA first, I think.

Mark
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

deanwork

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 10:40:11 am »

Mark,

Your wood sculpture is really beautiful. We have a lot of the same interests in Japanese art I see.

I do some work for Marcia Wood Gallery here in Atlanta. She may be interested in your work. They just had a great show of amazing ceramic sculpture here. You should send her a link to your website.

Hey, the spectro on my Hp Z is no longer linearizing the papers. It goes through the process of printing and reading the target and then at the end says it can't be completed. Same with  making icc profiles, which is fine since I make mine with I1 X-Rite anyway.

You have any ideas about how to buy one of these. It is true that it might only need cleaning but to try to do that without tearing the machine apart is insanely difficult. There is a guy in town who independently works on all the HP large format printers with a very reasonable per hour charge. If I could get the part he could replace it.

John

Check to see that the connections to the carriage PCA board are correctly seated and not damaged.  You could pull the cable and do a continuity test with a meter.  If all that is good, you may have a bad PCA board.

Sometimes the shutter on the ESP is stuck open and that can be another cause.

Check out the PCA first, I think.

Mark

William Chitham

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 10:46:59 am »

Hi Trent,
I had the same problem just before Easter, or the same symptoms at least: http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=109152.0

I got a good deal on a new carriage including the PCA (which saved a fiddly job installing the board as well as getting me nice clean new printhead connectors and new bushes into the bargain) and that solved it. A week later the formatter went down but I think that was a coincidence. The PCA is a fiddle to fit but relatively cheap, you might want to throw in a new trailing cable while you are at it.

By the way, what do you mean "..it is now hitting the service station.." ? Doesn't sound good, may have contribited to the printhead problem. Are you sure you refitted the encoder strip correctly when you did the belt?

William.

Mark Lindquist

• LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 11:54:42 am »

Mark,

Your wood sculpture is really beautiful. We have a lot of the same interests in Japanese art I see.

I do some work for Marcia Wood Gallery here in Atlanta. She may be interested in your work. They just had a great show of amazing ceramic sculpture here. You should send her a link to your website.

Hey, the spectro on my Hp Z is no longer linearizing the papers. It goes through the process of printing and reading the target and then at the end says it can't be completed. Same with  making icc profiles, which is fine since I make mine with I1 X-Rite anyway.

You have any ideas about how to buy one of these. It is true that it might only need cleaning but to try to do that without tearing the machine apart is insanely difficult. There is a guy in town who independently works on all the HP large format printers with a very reasonable per hour charge. If I could get the part he could replace it.

John

Thank You Dean for the compliment - most of my work goes to museums at this point and is very highly priced.
So galleries have a hard time swallowing that, but if you'd like to mention my name to her, that would be great.
Approaching a gallery personally never works.

Here are some places you can get the ESP unit from:

(By the way, it's called a color sensor and it's part number: Q56669-60684)

ESP Unit #1

OEM ESP - EXPENSIVE #2

Used ESP - #3

OEM - #4

Expensive OEM - #5

Seems like a good deal - #6

Could be a possibiliity #7

Probably what I might get - price is reasonable for new #8

You could just buy a new carriage:

Carriage assembly Q6718-67012

There is a guy in Atlanta that might be able to help you:

HP Repair and Parts

Mark Lindquist
Lindquist Studios.com

Mark Lindquist

• LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 11:58:21 am »

My Z3200 has been a great printer.  I recently replaced the belt and now it is hitting the service station,  but printed great.  Now the screen is telling me two of the inks need to be re-seated.  Click Ok.  Do it and the same message appears upon restart.  Has anyone experienced this?  Thanks

Check out this HP document:

HP Repair issues document
Mark Lindquist
Lindquist Studios.com

trentf

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 02:48:17 pm »

William...

What I mean by hitting the service stations is.....  from my understanding,  the service raises and lowers as the printing process takes place.  Hp told me when I was replacing the belt,  that the print head assembly may hit,  but it should not be an issue.  It sound bad but unless it gets stuck on it I am ok.  I have a new one on order,  I dont think it is hard to replace.  It prints fine. But I now have the error about the ink not seated... Excuse my ignorance but I dont now what the PCA board is.   :)

deanwork

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 06:21:39 pm »

Thank You Dean for the compliment - most of my work goes to museums at this point and is very highly priced.
So galleries have a hard time swallowing that, but if you'd like to mention my name to her, that would be great.
Approaching a gallery personally never works.

Thanks Mark,

That's very nice of you. I'll check them out new week.

john

Here are some places you can get the ESP unit from:

(By the way, it's called a color sensor and it's part number: Q56669-60684)

ESP Unit #1

OEM ESP - EXPENSIVE #2

William Chitham

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 04:47:03 am »

William...

What I mean by hitting the service stations is.....  from my understanding,  the service raises and lowers as the printing process takes place.  Hp told me when I was replacing the belt,  that the print head assembly may hit,  but it should not be an issue.  It sound bad but unless it gets stuck on it I am ok.  I have a new one on order,  I dont think it is hard to replace.  It prints fine. But I now have the error about the ink not seated... Excuse my ignorance but I dont now what the PCA board is.   :)

Hmm, sounds odd to me but still, if that's what the HP man said then... The PCA is the circuit board in the carriage to which the printheads are connected, I have had to replace them in both my z printers. If you plan to replace the service station then I think you will definitely need the service manual which can easily be found online (though not from HP as far as I know), search for "z3200 service manual". I believe the latest is Version 10.0, September 21, 2008.
Good Luck,
William.

Mark Lindquist

• LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 11:31:01 am »

Excuse my ignorance but I dont now what the PCA board is.   :)

CARRIAGE PCA LOCATED BELOW THE CARRIAGE COVER

Here's a diagram:

Mark Lindquist
Lindquist Studios.com

trentf

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 11:46:05 am »

Awesome....  Thank you everyone.  I will give this a try....
Pages: [1]   Go Up