Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nik collection from Google  (Read 5351 times)

kathleenoreilly

Nik collection from Google
« on: April 11, 2016, 03:51:00 pm »

As of today (April 11, 2016), Google's Nik Collection isn't compatible with the most recent Mac OS: 10.11 (El Capitan). I can't find a way to contact a person at Google. The support site says they update periodically and automatically send out the updates, but the most recent one was July, 2015, and it didn't fix the El Capitan problem. I'm posting this under B&W because Silver Efex Pro 2 and Color Efex 4 are the parts of Nik I'm most interested in. Does anyone have any information about this? Has anyone used Nik successfully with El Capitan?

rdonson

Re: Nik collection from Google
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 04:13:24 pm »

They work fine for me on OS X 10.11.4 (El Capitan)

What version are you running?
Regards,
Ron

francois

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 05:00:48 am »

The Nik collection seems to work OK on my Mac (OS X 10.11.4) but I haven't tested extensively.
Francois

philaitman

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 05:23:55 am »

Never had any compatibility issues, mine have been working seamlessly throughout all OSX revision including the latest.

What is the El Capitan problem?

stamper

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 06:10:36 am »

As of today (April 11, 2016), Google's Nik Collection isn't compatible with the most recent Mac OS: 10.11 (El Capitan). I can't find a way to contact a person at Google. The support site says they update periodically and automatically send out the updates, but the most recent one was July, 2015, and it didn't fix the El Capitan problem. I'm posting this under B&W because Silver Efex Pro 2 and Color Efex 4 are the parts of Nik I'm most interested in. Does anyone have any information about this? Has anyone used Nik successfully with El Capitan?

You mean that your mac isn't compatible with the Nik Collection?

rdonson

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 08:56:00 am »

I've seen some panic in forums by people freaking out over this link wherein Nik says compatibility is through Mac OS X 10.10

https://support.google.com/nikcollection/answer/3000889?hl=en&ref_topic=3000839

IMHO this just means that they haven't tested their products on any new OS in quite a while.  This likely reflects why they're offering the collection for FREE.

You will also note that Windows 10 is not listed as compatible as well. 

Regards,
Ron

josepvm

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 10:19:04 am »

Linux is also not listed as compatible, and I am happily using the NIK collection on Ubuntu, using the version for Windows installed through Wine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up