Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart Object Layer  (Read 1529 times)

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
Smart Object Layer
« on: April 10, 2016, 07:48:29 pm »

Does anyone know why Lightroom does not provide the ability to automatically open multiple images as stacked and aligned Smart Object layers in Photoshop? Is it too technically difficult to achieve?

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Smart Object Layer
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 05:14:46 am »

As far as I know Photoshop cannot auto-align nor auto-blend smart objects layers, only standard rgb or grayscale layers. The same applies to Merge to HDR Pro and Photomerge in Photoshop.

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 02:19:52 pm »

As far as I know Photoshop cannot auto-align nor auto-blend smart objects layers, only standard rgb or grayscale layers. The same applies to Merge to HDR Pro and Photomerge in Photoshop.

I am not asking about autoblending. I am only asking about stacking smart object layers, and I want these aligned with each other. With LR, I can open up individual images separately as smart objects in PS and then use Shift-Move to move these smart objects onto one of the other smart objects to create stacked and aligned smart object layers. I would just prefer to be able to do this more easily.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 03:01:21 pm »

You could probably write a Photoshop action to do it. Launch it from a keyboard shortcut.
Pages: [1]   Go Up