Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So What's New with HP APS?  (Read 2615 times)

William Chitham

So What's New with HP APS?
« on: April 08, 2016, 10:18:42 am »

...absolutely nothing as far as I can see. I can't find anywhere to download it on the HP site, searches only refer to the z3100. The most recent reference I found on here was 4 years old. Am I the only one still using it? I have it installed on and XP machine and it works fine with my z3200 but I'd like to upgrade the Windows on that machine this year. Anyone got APS running on W10 by any chance?

William

Ernst Dinkla

Re: So What's New with HP APS?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 07:48:02 am »

...absolutely nothing as far as I can see. I can't find anywhere to download it on the HP site, searches only refer to the z3100. The most recent reference I found on here was 4 years old. Am I the only one still using it? I have it installed on and XP machine and it works fine with my z3200 but I'd like to upgrade the Windows on that machine this year. Anyone got APS running on W10 by any chance?

William

William,

Half an answer. I have it running on Windows 7 and have no experience with a W10 installation. I use it on both the Z3100 and Z3200-PS and for some customers with Epson printers. I like it.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
January 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 08:24:05 am »

On a mac is stopped working after 10.6 ( we are now @ 10.11)
So i need an old computer to get it working.
The Windows people are served better in that respect.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

deanwork

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 03:28:22 pm »

Yea, I'm afraid to move from Windows 7 since it works so well. Hp has very poor support for the Z series with new platforms, if any at all.

On a mac is stopped working after 10.6 ( we are now @ 10.11)
So i need an old computer to get it working.
The Windows people are served better in that respect.

tonywong

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 03:23:13 am »

Hasn't been updated in a long time.

http://www.giainteractive.com/aps/EN/update.html

William Chitham

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 02:14:45 pm »

Thanks for the link Tony. I downloaded the latest version(1.41...still) took a deep breath, blew the dust and cobwebs off it and installed it on my Win10 64bit machine. Rather to my surprise the installation went smoothly and I have just successfully made a profile, just an HP Easy RGB 1.2 but it went without a hitch so that's one less reason not to upgrade my archaic XP machine.

William.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 01:40:11 pm »

Is there any way to get the APS to work with newer versions of OS-X? I've been holding off upgrading my OS because of the HP APS but its getting to the point were I can't get by without updating.

Or alternatively is there some solution that does the same thing as HP APS?
Rolleiflex USA

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
Keeping old Mac stuff running
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 02:27:12 pm »

Not sure if it would work for this, but I keep a copy of OS X 10.6 server running under Parallels to run old Mac software. I still have a machine that runs 10.5 for some things, but once the 10.6 virtual version runs something, it gets fired up less and less.

deanwork

Re: Keeping old Mac stuff running
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 03:16:56 pm »

Yes, you can have two internal hard drives on your Mac each loaded with a different OS to boot up to for different needs. Life shouldn't have to be this hard, but with HP it has become standard operating procedure. For a such an established tech company to be so unresponsive in regard to 0S updates and firmware updates is unforgivable. Epson put's them to shame in that regard.

My feeling is if you can't support all the printers you put on the market, make less printers, please !

Not sure if it would work for this, but I keep a copy of OS X 10.6 server running under Parallels to run old Mac software. I still have a machine that runs 10.5 for some things, but once the 10.6 virtual version runs something, it gets fired up less and less.

glyph

• Ron H.
    • Glyph Art Studio
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 09:25:07 pm »

Is there any way to get the APS to work with newer versions of OS-X? I've been holding off upgrading my OS because of the HP APS but its getting to the point were I can't get by without updating.

Or alternatively is there some solution that does the same thing as HP APS?

I'm still using APS to successfully build custom profiles with El Capitan.  It seems to work as always for printer profiling.  Monitor profiling, however, hasn't worked for several OS upgrades.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 04:11:38 am »

I'm still using APS to successfully build custom profiles with El Capitan.  It seems to work as always for printer profiling.  Monitor profiling, however, hasn't worked for several OS upgrades.

Well the HP labeled monitor puck is way worse than today's X-rite Display Pro so it isn't a real loss in practice. DispcalGUI or i1Publish + the Display Pro can work next to APS without issues. The old one as a mere dongle stays permanently on the PC top, carefully wrapped in bubblefoil though.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 04:32:01 am »

Well the HP labeled monitor puck is way worse than today's X-rite Display Pro so it isn't a real loss in practice. DispcalGUI or i1Publish + the Display Pro can work next to APS without issues. The old one as a mere dongle stays permanently on the PC top, carefully wrapped in bubblefoil though.

+1
the HP labeled Xrite display 2- became completely unreliable after a few years  :(
( the only good thing is that it was do far off, that it was clear it was the puck; i use an older dpt94 that still seems to do fine)
But i will have a look if APS works on el Capitan for profiling papers; that would be great.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up