Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: H6D-50c Announcement a Speculation or Truth!  (Read 8437 times)

maxs

H6D-50c Announcement a Speculation or Truth!
« on: April 06, 2016, 07:56:43 am »

I am hearing more and more chatter on the radio waves (as they say) about the H6D-50c announcement being within the next 5-10 days! That puts us anywhere from today April 6th -April 16th. The camera itself will then be released in April/May itself.

Anyone else hearing the same?

In my original post I had speculated the new camera will have:

Higher frame rate > 1.5 frames a sec
High resolution touch display similar or better than Phase, so that focus checking can be done easily
USB 3.0
Dual memory slots (CF and SD)
Possibly video (720p or 1080p or 4K)

I am now also hearing there will be a range of new HC lenses with 1/2000 shutter/strobe sync at all speeds

Just excited to see the new camera and more so for the comparisons that will follow between Hassi and Phase :-)

Christoph B.

Re: H6D-50c Announcement a Speculation or Truth!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 08:09:53 am »

You should open up another topic about the HC lenses.
I heard there's going to be a 80mm 1.0 that cooks your meals and tucks you in at night and does the whole shooting by itself.

maxs

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 08:11:53 am »

I heard there's going to be a 80mm 1.0 that cooks your meals and tucks you in at night and does the whole shooting by itself.

haha

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 08:18:34 am »

I've just been reading this morning's Times of Troelland, and there's a "review" which says it speaks with a swedish accent like Macintalk used to before Siri got hired, the dim-sum it makes are Hong-Kong style, and the only two style choices on the full-auto session setting are "Annie" and  "Mapplethorpe". But the reviewer says it makes the best coffee he ever had.

Edmund
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:25:31 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 08:39:09 am »

Just what I always wanted!
Instagram (updated often)

jduncan

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 09:52:36 am »

I've just been reading this morning's Times of Troelland, and there's a "review" which says it speaks with a swedish accent like Macintalk used to before Siri got hired, the dim-sum it makes are Hong-Kong style, and the only two style choices on the full-auto session setting are "Annie" and  "Mapplethorpe". But the reviewer says it makes the best coffee he ever had.

Edmund

I am not that interested on the cooking part of the lenses, I like to cook, not that much into coffee either (I am a Tea person), but I have to admit that they are good additions.
My heart boiling for the new Extended Gps Device for Travel , or EGDT.  The EGTD uses Glonass, Galileo and GPS to pinpoint places and send you to the selected place at the speed of light.  It has a very high genetic precision, far more than the  99.9% (that implies that you are not going to turn into a monkey).
Imagine the boom for travel photographers:

1. You go to places with up to  300KG of equipment (only Hasselblad and Broncolor, you know a closed system again) and up to 7 assistants.
2. You don't have to submit yourself to sexual assault (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru7a1DS6uJA).
3. You can travel with used socks.
4. No travel taxes or airplane fees.

But the big secret is that it's not  100% precise, but introduces healthy  random changes. So if you are a Chinese woman  you could be turn into a Chinese man or a blond woman. That will allow you to picture and experience the same place in very different way, improving your art as explained by Picasso:  (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/56013589087738467/).

Safety note: Never aim close to streets or any other line of public transportation, don't use it for safaris and be sure that your spouse is liberal enough to accept gender bending.
Finally, if you are traveling with assistants be sure you like them a LOT, since cross talk is possible, but unlikely.
Best regards, 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:22:13 am by jduncan »
english is not my first language, an I k

landscapephoto

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 03:42:22 pm »

Higher frame rate > 1.5 frames a sec
High resolution touch display similar or better than Phase, so that focus checking can be done easily
USB 3.0
Dual memory slots (CF and SD)
Possibly video (720p or 1080p or 4K)

This seems quite possible. Probably there will also be a back in V-mount.

I am now also hearing there will be a range of new HC lenses with 1/2000 shutter/strobe sync at all speeds.

Actually, Hasselblad could increase the sync speed to about 1/1600 on the existing lenses by using sensor reset. We will see.

NickT

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 06:28:43 pm »

You will all find out in 24 hours or so... Stay tuned :)

Joe Towner

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 06:48:14 pm »

Noon London time right?  So 12 hours :D
t: @PNWMF

NickT

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 06:53:47 pm »

Oops quite right Joe. I get confused being in New Zealand and all!

Theodoros

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 07:55:22 pm »

Lula used to be a nice place....

eronald

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 08:17:12 pm »

Lula used to be a nice place....
you speak of it as one speaks of a soon-to-be-ex spouse :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

eronald

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 12:18:53 am »

If you enjoy spoilers, your czech chef brings you knedl and leek du jour, complete with photos of orange shutter button.

http://www.digineff.cz/clanek/aktuality/hasselblad-h6d

Edmund
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:49:00 am by eronald »

landscapephoto

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 02:09:04 am »

If you enjoy spoilers, your czech chef brings you knedl and leek du jour, complete with photos of orange shutter button.

http://www.digineff.cz/clanek/aktuality/hasselblad-h6d

Edmund

Just as I said earlier: shutter speed increased on existing lenses...

voidshatter

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 03:06:49 am »

I am now also hearing there will be a range of new HC lenses with 1/2000 shutter/strobe sync at all speeds

What a bad year for Phase One if this is true... Pentax indeed has the power to deliver the killing blow with a cheapo 645 body featuring the same 100MP sensor (just as how the 645Z "ruined" the premium-ship of the IQ250).

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 03:42:16 am »

Now H6D has the compatibility of H6X, which is good (never understood why you needed a different body for that).

One thing I don't understand is if the back has a battery as well so you don't need an external pack for use on tech cams.
Instagram (updated often)

landscapephoto

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2016, 03:45:54 am »

One thing I don't understand is if the back has a battery as well so you don't need an external pack for use on tech cams.

The text says the back has a power input. I understand it needs an external pack as did the H5D (and H4D-60). But the external pack adapter is decently integrated, so it is not a big deal.

jvpictures

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 03:48:12 am »

Just as I said earlier: shutter speed increased on existing lenses...

how would that be possible on existing lenses? After changing the shutter device in each lens? Or just give more power to the existing shutter in order to go faster...think!

landscapephoto

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 03:58:22 am »

how would that be possible on existing lenses? After changing the shutter device in each lens? Or just give more power to the existing shutter in order to go faster...think!

I said it before: they would use sensor reset. That is how Phase One reaches a speed of 1/1600s with mechanical shutters which aren't that fast: open the shutter, reset the cmos or ccd in the middle of exposure and close the shutter. You cut the exposure time by about 2, without changing the shutter.

Edit: after this post, we learned that a new shutter is actually needed. The H6D still uses sensor reset, the new lens only go to 1/1000s on the H5D and older cameras. Probably the new shutter is needed, because the old one could not be operated accurately enough to allow sensor reset.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:26:27 am by landscapephoto »

digitalBerg

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 04:38:00 am »

Oh my god, its like my wishlist.. Hope its true

PhaseOne XF - IQ160
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up