Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P800 Roll paper feeder and Mac OS10.11  (Read 1373 times)

Mac Mahon

Epson P800 Roll paper feeder and Mac OS10.11
« on: April 05, 2016, 06:27:37 am »

Hoping Mark or some other person who has some experience with the P800 and MacOSX can help.

I have just installed the roll feeder to print a couple of 1m long panoramas from a Ilford Gold Fibre Silk 17" roll.

The problem is that the P800 driver (9.41) doesn't offer me a roll feed option (outside of a specific page size, like A2, for example) on the page setup dialog.  See below.

I tried defining a custom page but the print process then stops with a message that the paper source (roll feeder) and page source (from dialog) don't match.

Have I missed something obvious?  Anyone else run into to this or have a way around it?  (I'm using Mac OS 10.11.4 in case that's relevant)

Tim
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:59:35 am by Mac Mahon »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson P800 Roll paper feeder and Mac OS10.11
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 09:15:23 am »

Please check and confirm whether you are following this procedure (I'm assuming you are printing from Photoshop):

Load the roll paper into the printer.

In Layout (PS print dialog) select Landscape and make sure the full pano shows in the preview window along with the linear dimensions of the pano.

In Paper Size, go to Custom Size and define a custom size that corresponds with your pano size including borders.

In Printer Settings, under Page Setup select Roll Paper

In Roll Paper Settings, check that the shown paper size is correct - should be.

Click Save.

Click Print and cross your fingers. (Should work)
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Mac Mahon

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 03:06:12 pm »

Thanks Mark

I'm using Lightroom, not Photoshop, to print although I did try Photoshop (and QTR print) as well.

I've done each of the steps you suggested.  The issue is that in every case, no option to select "Roll Paper" appears under page setup.  (I put a copy of the dialog with my first post)

I'm wondering whether, even though I was careful to install driver 9.41 and not the 'Airprint' version, it is possible that I have the 'Airprint' version of the page setup dialog?  (I read here that it has fewer options)   Is that even plausible?  And if so, how to fix it?

:-\   Tim

Mac Mahon

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 04:02:35 pm »

OK  Now I have it working.

I reinstalled the driver yet again!

But now the print driver shows a page setup option that was not previously there.  See below.

I cannot be sure but I think my surmise about the Airprint option may have been correct.

Anyway, nice pano printing!

Cheers

Tim

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 04:25:47 pm »

Yes, it could be that you had Airprint. That driver version should be banned - made available only as a separate driver altogether that one intentionally must select for its purpose. Why they programmed it to load by default beats me. Anyhow, in OSX it can be managed in System Preferences>Printers and Scanners>EpsonP800.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up