Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting observation re: Epson Legacy stuff  (Read 1560 times)

afterimages

Interesting observation re: Epson Legacy stuff
« on: April 04, 2016, 09:04:29 am »

Having a blast with my new(er) P800 and some Canson Platine and Edition Etching. Expensive, but great quality.

Watched the latest Epson Legacy with Kevin, et al. I appreciate the videos. I was going to look into the Legacy anyway...

So I ordered a sample pack from B&H last week. It arrived. Upon opening the envelope, out came 4 envelopes, all labeled Baryta, with three sheets of Baryta in them. :(

Still waiting on B&H customer service response.

Then I went to inksandmedia store site. I want to compare pricing on the Legacy paper to B&H. They are a little over $1 per sheet cheaper for the 17x22 box. What is most INTERESTING is neither site has it in stock. B&H is special order, and the other just says 'out of stock'.

Anyway, I just thought it was odd enough to mention...not off to a good start with Legacy...as you were...

Rick

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Interesting observation re: Epson Legacy stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:16:08 am »

As far as I know, there's nothing really "odd". I think the sheet papers are yet to be released to the general public in regular commerce, apart from the availability of the letter-size sample packs. Different retail outlets have different ways of describing the fact that they don't have any. As for the pricing - I too am interested to see how this will play out, but I wouldn't pay much attention to prices until there is ample stock in dealer inventories.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

afterimages

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 09:35:54 am »

Ohhh...thanks, Mark. I wasn't aware of that.

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 05:47:11 pm »

The sheets are supposed to be available by mid-April.  Epson was working on the boxes to ensure the fine art prints that artists sell directly would be safe during transit to shows.  They are sturdy boxes and look great with the Legacy logo, so hopefully they will get great reviews towards them (as well as the paper).

Atlex.com

afterimages

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 08:15:24 am »

Just some closure (I hope) on the B&H - Sample pack booboo:

B&H CS gave me an RMA and the sample pack is heading back - prepaid.  Then, unsolicited, B&H emailed me a shipment confirmation for a new sample pack for free. That's why I like to patronize that company.

Rick

pslocum

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 07:31:26 am »

I looked on the Epsom site after watching the videos for sample packs and no legacy sample packs were offered, I had a discount voucher to use .....anyway I also ordered one from B&H

I really appreciate the video, they made on the Epsom P800 and legacy papers they were fun to watch, and very interesting. Keep up the good work Kevin, Jeff, and Dano
Pages: [1]   Go Up