Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cork'd  (Read 4246 times)

61Dynamic

• http://
Cork'd
« on: May 17, 2006, 07:03:19 pm »

Prominent web designers Dan Benjamin & Dan Cederholm just announced the launch of a new site called Cork'd for all wine aficionados. Dan describes it best:

I like wine. I’ve even touted it’s ability to act as a design enhancer. The problem with wine (for me, and for many) is knowing what’s good. There are infinite choices out there. It’s overwhelming. Oftentimes, I lean on the suggestions from friends — people that probably know more about wine than I do.

When I finally find a wine that I like, it’s always impossible to remember it for the next trip to the store. Some people keep a journal, writing down what they thought about the wine in a notebook. But wouldn’t it be great if you could do this online? And wouldn’t it be also great if we could share those lists with our friends through a simple, free interface? And while we’re at it, wouldn’t it be the bomb.com if this same interface allowed you to review the wine, tag it, and set up lists for wines that you want to buy or that you own in your cellar?

Introducing Cork’d. A brand-spanking new site devoted to reviewing and sharing wine created by Dan Benjamin and myself. We’ve been working on this for quite some time. Just the two of us. Call us the Bartles & Jaymes of the wine web world (wait, no, don’t do that).

The basic gist of Cork’d is this: after painlessly creating a free account, you’re able to keep track of wines you’ve tried in your Wine Jounal. You can rate, review and tag wines (more on that below), and these “tasting notes” end up attatched as comments to each wine in our database. You can also build a Shopping List of wines you’d like to buy (think of this like you would a Netflix queue), and a Wine Cellar for wines that you own. Keeping track of what your friends are tasting is as easy as adding them as a Drinking Buddy. You can also recommend wines to your buddies after you’ve rated and reviewed a bottle.
The Cork'd Site

I enjoy wine *ahem* "tasting" as much as the next guy but remembering names etc never works for me. (I bet there's a connection here...) Perhaps this site will help. At the least it looks like some fun and maybe I'll get some good recommendations.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 07:36:15 pm by 61Dynamic »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Cork'd
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 02:49:03 am »

QUOTE(Dan @ http://www.simplebits.com/notebook/2006/05/17/corkd.html)
I like wine. I’ve even touted it’s ability to act as a design enhancer.

While assuming "cork'd" is deliberate and clever, wine doesn't appear to enhance their grammar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up