Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-badging  (Read 977 times)

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
Re-badging
« on: March 31, 2016, 06:28:04 am »

Most people here probably know that many Pentax lenses are developed by, or with, Tokina. That seems to be the case for the 12-24/f4, which is sold by Tokina for other brands, but by Pentax if you want the Pentax mount.

Except that... I just bought one branded Samsung. It appears to be identical except the green decorative line next to the zoom ring has been changed to blue. And... around the front element it is marked as Shneider-Kreuznach! How do they get into the deal?

In any case, Pentax-Tokina-Samsung-Schneider-Kreuznach appear to have made a nice lens :)

Rob C

Re: Re-badging
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 10:20:12 am »

It's a love-in.

Not many will love your bloody French unions right now. At least they can claim to be reliable: always strike just in time for the holidays to start. Guess the mothers never fly.

Rob

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 11:50:27 am »

But go figure: they delivered the lens today, on the day of the national strike, in one day from a different city.

Telecaster

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 03:07:11 pm »

The Schneider-branded lenses date from Pentax's co-op relationship with Samsung, c. 2010 or so. There were Samsung versions of cameras too. It ended when Ricoh took over Pentax and Samsung decided to do their own thing.

-Dave-

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 05:32:25 am »

Ah ha ! Thanks :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up