Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900 Nozzle Check Color Order  (Read 871 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Epson 4900 Nozzle Check Color Order
« on: March 28, 2016, 12:18:01 pm »

I have a used 4900 that I am attempting to resurrect for black and white printing. Presently all of the cartridges (Cone) are loaded with Cone piezoflush. Using a 10-color purge page I can see that only orange, yellow and green are printing. When I run a nozzle check only one color prints. Since I am only printing piezoflush, I have no way of knowing which colors are printing in the nozzle check - anything that prints is piezoflush pink.

Can anyone tell me what the correct order of the inks is when a nozzle check is printed? How is this read - i.e. which is left and right? I am assuming the sheet comes out top down, so if I turn it around so that the print out is along the top, the box on the left would be #1, but what color? (Note that no blacks are printing, so any lettering on the page is not getting printed at all.)
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson 4900 Nozzle Check Color Order
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 12:51:27 pm »

Reading from left to right, the nozzle check printout is as follows:

Cyan
Vivid Magenta
Photo/Matte Black
Light Black
Orange
Green
Light light Black
Yellow
Vivid Light Magenta
Light Cyan
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Re: Epson 4900 Nozzle Check Color Order
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 01:24:16 pm »

Thank's Mark. That clears that up. Now I now that yellow is printing a stripe in the purge page and prints a clean nozzle check. Orange and green print fine on a purge page but don't print anything in a nozzle check. All the other colors print nothing at all... work to be done!
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up