Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CFV-100 in April?  (Read 7563 times)

Christoph B.

Re: CFV-100 in April?
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 09:03:39 pm »

Hmm I doubt there will be a CFV-100 at all. I distinctly remember a few forum users who told me they didn't like to use 60mp backs (or more) on their V system due to problems with focussing and that the old lenses were not really up to the task. Wouldn't a 100mp back make all that worse? I think that would be a huge problem for Hasselblad..

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 10:50:35 pm »

Hmm I doubt there will be a CFV-100 at all. I distinctly remember a few forum users who told me they didn't like to use 60mp backs (or more) on their V system due to problems with focussing and that the old lenses were not really up to the task. Wouldn't a 100mp back make all that worse? I think that would be a huge problem for Hasselblad..

If Hassy wanted to bring back the V in a modernised version, they could ...

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

jng

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 11:51:42 pm »

In my own experience, chosen carefully, some - but certainly not all - of the old V system lenses perform very well on a 60 Mp full frame sensor. I haven't heard many complaints about the CFV-50c crop sensor back (which has essentially the same pixel pitch as the new 100 Mp CMOS sensor), and lenses like the 40/4 IF, 100/3.5 and 180/4 (not to mention the Superachromats) stay pretty sharp out to the corners on the full frame sensor. I would think that diffraction will quickly eat into any additional gains in resolution one would realize by stepping up from 60 Mp to 100 Mp, in any case. Whether Hasselblad perceives a viable market for a full format CMOS to mate with the old 500 series bodies that are still in use, well, I guess we'll find out soon enough...

John

Bo Dez

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 06:10:06 am »

There is a rumour going around about an all new V series with an EVF in place of the ground glass.

torger

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2016, 10:59:12 am »

There is a rumour going around about an all new V series with an EVF in place of the ground glass.

While it seems unlikely, it would be cool as you could make manual-focusing helpers that way. At the same time it would remove some of the classic feel of the system, so I don't know if it would attract buyers. Would it?

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2016, 05:11:23 pm »

It would attrack me. Perhaps because I propossed it in Lula last year. Using NFC or something alike to connect the back to the VF or DGG. 8)

While it seems unlikely, it would be cool as you could make manual-focusing helpers that way. At the same time it would remove some of the classic feel of the system, so I don't know if it would attract buyers. Would it?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:16:08 pm by uaiomex »

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2016, 03:59:17 pm »

I agree with John's comment. I used a Credo 60 with various 50x bodies and a Flexbody. My lenses range from 30–250mm and produced great results. Focusing required care and liveview made that easier.
Roger

In my own experience, chosen carefully, some - but certainly not all - of the old V system lenses perform very well on a 60 Mp full frame sensor. I haven't heard many complaints about the CFV-50c crop sensor back (which has essentially the same pixel pitch as the new 100 Mp CMOS sensor), and lenses like the 40/4 IF, 100/3.5 and 180/4 (not to mention the Superachromats) stay pretty sharp out to the corners on the full frame sensor. I would think that diffraction will quickly eat into any additional gains in resolution one would realize by stepping up from 60 Mp to 100 Mp, in any case. Whether Hasselblad perceives a viable market for a full format CMOS to mate with the old 500 series bodies that are still in use, well, I guess we'll find out soon enough...

John
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

MN

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2016, 08:54:30 am »

old lenses were not really up to the task. Wouldn't a 100mp back make all that worse?

But then the new Sony CMOS sensor also has a considerably larger sensor area. Less enlargement would therefore be needed for a given print size. Optical deficiencies of older lenses should be less noticeable.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:22:28 pm by MN »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up