Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Apple's Night Shift Effect  (Read 12923 times)

Tim Lookingbill

Re: New Apple's Night Shift Effect
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2016, 02:52:38 pm »

This article seems somewhat relevant:
http://anandtech.com/show/10265/understanding-the-97-ipad-pros-true-tone-display

That was a VERY informative link. Thanks for the heads up. This passage from the article was quite reassuring...

In the mobile world we've seen a number of problems crop up due to lacking color management, such as the natural oversaturation that exists on essentially all shipping AMOLED displays when they're not running in a manufacturer-provided sRGB mode. Given that iOS has had absolutely no form of color management, I was curious as to how Apple planned to target the issue. OS X is by far the best color managed OS in the desktop world, and with iOS and OS X sharing many common parts it seemed natural that Apple would bring the color management from OS X to iOS. Sure enough, that's exactly what they did.

There's also mentioned how the color of white affects color gamut, a behavior that follows closely with my demo a/b image example I posted above and when calibrating my display to anything warmer or cooler than neutral white 6500K.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up