Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson p800 question  (Read 2708 times)

Joseph Kayne

Epson p800 question
« on: March 18, 2016, 06:59:10 pm »

I'm still working with Epson on my intake pinch roller mark issue. In the meantime, when printing with baryta paper and using the front fine art manual feeder, the printer tells me to reload the paper in the auto feed section because I selected the ultra premium luster mode for printing. Is there a way to bypass this so I can use the baryta in the front manual feed?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson p800 question
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 08:31:03 pm »

In Page Set-Up, Paper Size, roll out the menu that you can open to the right of the size you want and select Front Fine Art.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Joseph Kayne

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 09:16:41 am »

In Page Set-Up, Paper Size, roll out the menu that you can open to the right of the size you want and select Front Fine Art.

When I go to the Page layout menu on the computer and set the paper size there is no option to select Front Fine Art in the menu.....

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 09:54:50 am »

Are you using the Airprint driver or the Series driver? Do you have the correct printer selected? What software are you printing from? In Photoshop in the Print dialog, click on Print Settings. In Paper Size, click on the arrows to the right of the menu and click the arrow beside the paper size you select to get the options giving you the FFA feed. In Lightroom you do this in the Print module by clicking on Pahge Set-Up in the lower left corner of your display. It's all there if you have the correct printer and driver version selected. If you doi not have the correct driver version, get rid of Airprint and load the Series driver. 

Joseph Kayne

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 09:52:04 pm »

Are you using the Airprint driver or the Series driver? Do you have the correct printer selected? What software are you printing from? In Photoshop in the Print dialog, click on Print Settings. In Paper Size, click on the arrows to the right of the menu and click the arrow beside the paper size you select to get the options giving you the FFA feed. In Lightroom you do this in the Print module by clicking on Pahge Set-Up in the lower left corner of your display. It's all there if you have the correct printer and driver version selected. If you doi not have the correct driver version, get rid of Airprint and load the Series driver.

Thanks!

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 09:58:33 pm »

You are welcome, but did any of this solve your problem?

Joseph Kayne

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 10:09:58 pm »

You are welcome, but did any of this solve your problem?

No.... Still working with Epson.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 10:17:32 pm »

No.... Still working with Epson.

I meant - have you found the option to select the FFA feeder by the paper size?

Joseph Kayne

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 10:24:33 pm »

I meant - have you found the option to select the FFA feeder by the paper size?

Yes, thanks!

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 10:19:17 am »

OK, now that you know how to use the FFA feeder, have you tried feeding the same paper through that path and if so are you still getting the roller marks on the paper? If not, you likely have your solution without further ado from Epson. If persistent, however, of course you would still have an issue to resolve with them.

Joseph Kayne

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 12:41:39 pm »

OK, now that you know how to use the FFA feeder, have you tried feeding the same paper through that path and if so are you still getting the roller marks on the paper? If not, you likely have your solution without further ado from Epson. If persistent, however, of course you would still have an issue to resolve with them.

same issue but to a lesser extent.  As mentioned, the front manual feeder is finicky.  Would like to use the auto feeder if possible....

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 12:44:13 pm »

same issue but to a lesser extent.  As mentioned, the front manual feeder is finicky.  Would like to use the auto feeder if possible....

Yes, it's possible; but I'm reliably informed it could be detrimental to the longer life of the paper feed mechanism.

Joseph Kayne

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 09:45:41 am »

Yes, it's possible; but I'm reliably informed it could be detrimental to the longer life of the paper feed mechanism.

Mark, one quick question... Obviously, I downloaded the latest driver for the P800, but how do you know if it is engaged when you print through photoshop?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 09:52:01 am »

Mark, one quick question... Obviously, I downloaded the latest driver for the P800, but how do you know if it is engaged when you print through photoshop?

If you have not only downloaded the driver but also installed it, you can check the driver version in your computer operating system. But most likely it's fine. Photoshop's Print module should automatically pull up the most current version when you click on Print Settings.

Joseph Kayne

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 10:12:15 am »

If you have not only downloaded the driver but also installed it, you can check the driver version in your computer operating system. But most likely it's fine. Photoshop's Print module should automatically pull up the most current version when you click on Print Settings.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up